Two Tone Gold, Pearl and Diamond pendant

Emz

New here!!
Am no means great with pearls, only took a real liking to them last year for my 21st birthday. Was in a jeweller's a while ago and this piece caught my eye. I'm one of those people who just love simple and small pieces. If only I could afford it! Maybe could talk the jeweller who made it to make me a similar piece one day!

Attachments

• Piece.jpg
    Piece.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 51
Emz,

Welcome. If you like Pearls, you will love it here. This is the best place on the web to learn about pearls, talk about pearls, and view beautiful pearl eye candy.

The piece in your picture is beautiful -- I agree, I like the simplicity of it. Maybe one day.

Welcome aboard!!!

Welcome Emz! What kind of piece is it? Pendant? Pin? Earring? What kind of pearls are they and what are the sizes? Diamonds? Thanks!

Welcome Emz, and thanks for the pic - what a lovely elegant piece! Yes, more details if you have them, please!

Last edited:
Hey...It's a pendant. 18ct white and yellow gold. Two dimaonds and three Australian South Sea seedless Pearls, not sure what size they are. From what I remember, it took two or three months to make. (Obviously not the only thing that was made during that time) It's always reminded me of a grandfather's clock!

Would you mind telling the price? It has to be quite expensive if there was such a long work involved in it. Still - the size of the pearls is important as diamonds often are so small and you still pay a lot for just having them...

It's not terribly expensive. But it is to me, when you're a first year out teacher money is tight. It's $5 425 Australian. Which compared to many pieces on this site isn't too bad.:p

Well, I like it very much. It has the balance of a pendulum but it's off balance. Wear it in good health!

Do you mean $5,425 Au? That translates pretty close to dollar for dollar American, as I recall. If so, that would be a pretty high retail price, IMO. Are the pearls on a fine chain? so they swing? The diamonds are small, so that should not drive the price up much. It is very pretty and unusual, I agree!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Back