Tom Stern's natural pearls

Son's Logo

Son's Logo

Hi,

My son, also named Tom, has taken over most of the business end of our pearl trading. He designed this logo to celebrate the arrival of several enormous natural pearls.

Regards,
Dr. Tom

Attachments

• pearl logo in color.jpg
    pearl logo in color.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 59
what does 1947 stand for?
And the eye of providence in a triangle? That's a Christian symbol.

I thought that eye on the pyramid in a triangle was a Masonic symbol.? It is/was on the dollar bill.

With that pearl above it, catching all the energy radiating from the pyramid's top point, it reads, to me, Pearl Finder. ("Natural" is assumed, because it is the naturals one Finds.) One needs a special Eye for Finding pearls. The eye of Providence, if that is its name, seems appropriate.

No matter what you "find" in cultured pearls, it is still shopping, whereas Finding is Cosmic. Sorry for all the Capitals, but I am talking in Victorian English, when everyone could "read" shields like that.

Two nautilus pearls reads as a grand ambition to find the rarest of the rare. In this case, a celebration of finding one and an aspiration to find another.

Good work, Tom, Jr., I love it when people talk in symbols.

Last edited:
PS
We stripped Prince, Datu, Doctor, of his titles when he first arrived, so it turned out to be the right thing. It now refers to both of you, though I have come to the point where I would willingly call the doctor, "Datu".

Prior posts regarding unqualified use of the word 'pearl' aside, I would certainly understand an element of chagrin in feeling the need to include the word 'natural' in that striking logo.

I've never wanted a tattoo, but if I did, that design would be killer! :)

Logo

Logo

Hi, All,

Young Tom (23 years old) recently was featured in a San Francisco gallery for his paintings, a wildly successful event which left many people agape asking, "What does this mean?" I will encourage him to explain his inspirations for his new logo when he gets back in town from the New York Antique show this week.

Best regards,
Dr. Tom

More on logo

More on logo

Hello, All,

This is the color version.

Tom

Attachments

• pearl logo crimsom background.jpg
    pearl logo crimsom background.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 61
... I will encourage him to explain his inspirations for his new logo when he gets back in town from the New York Antique show this week.

Looking forward to it! [if to mention one reason - then... Artists Alley has left a blank patch and a mention of 'gallery launch' is difficult to ignore ...]

Red and black. Very chic, but also a reference to the Opener of Doors and the Beginning, such as Legba or Ellegua, stands for. The scallop takes the place of the original emanating rays.

High grade Pinctada maxima

High grade Pinctada maxima

Hi, All,

Below is a recently certified P. maxima pearl, unworked. 5.23 carats, very round, extremely high luster.

Best regards,
Tom

Attachments

• Pearl series 400 round.jpg
    Pearl series 400 round.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 60
Superb pearl. Diameter?

If that doesn't qualify for Paspaley's 'T/N' grade, then I couldn't imagine what would.

T/n

T/n

Superb pearl. Diameter?

If that doesn't qualify for Paspaley's 'T/N' grade, then I couldn't imagine what would.

In person, the luster is almost mirror. I've not seen that term before, "T/N", Steve. Can you tell us what it means?

Thanks,
Tom

In person, the luster is almost mirror. I've not seen that term before, "T/N", Steve. Can you tell us what it means?
Jeremy Shepherd divulged the term in relation to his dealings with Paspaley on behalf of a client in search of the world's finest SS necklace. It refers to 'Tight Nacre.' I commented at the time that we could throw away all other amorphous terminology, as that's what it's all about.

I keep looking at the photo, and the pearl, in all of its outstanding qualities, seems to defy the camera. The mirror is so bright where it is reflecting that it seems to be like a cap floating on the body of the pearl. How incredible!

Again regarding the diameter, 5 cts in a round natural would indicate somewhere in the 8.5 to 9.5mm range?

Jeremy Shepherd divulged the term in relation to his dealings with Paspaley on behalf of a client in search of the world's finest SS necklace. It refers to 'Tight Nacre.' I commented at the time that we could throw away all other amorphous terminology, as that's what it's all about.

I keep looking at the photo, and the pearl, in all of its outstanding qualities, seems to defy the camera. The mirror is so bright where it is reflecting that it seems to be like a cap floating on the body of the pearl. How incredible!

Again regarding the diameter, 5 cts in a round natural would indicate somewhere in the 8.5 to 9.5mm range?

That is a great guess. 9.48mm x 9.47 x 9.45mm. Thanks so much for the explanation of T/N. Best regards, Tom

Back