"The KJM Collection" - Andrew's Mom's Pearls

8.5-9.0mm Natural White Hanadama strand, purchased for Christmas 2018 from PP VIP:

NWhanadama-2.jpg

Your Mom is going to go nuts this Xmas. The natural white Hanadamas are perfect.

Andrew - you have bought some truly beautiful pearls for your mum !! That triple strand necklace is amazing ! What perfect lustre ! And the Hanadama - wowser! And lets not forget those Tahitians... what beauties !!! What a happy Christmas this will be !!

And I agree with everyone - your photos are excellent !!

Last edited:
Posting here to "archive" an "in hand" photo of the Natural White Hanadamas. They are beautiful pearls that seem to have a personality. The little "catchlights" on the pearls (the small pinpoints) are a little overexposed, but otherwise this is accurate to what the pearls look like in real life.

IMG_0655.jpg

Andrew...you are a pearl enabler!!! The luster is so sharp & amazing on the Hanadama strand that I want one now!! And I want another multicolor T strand too! Your mom is going to feel so special!!

Always glad to enable! -- anytime! :)

Not to be a total tease, (ok, maybe) - these aren't pearls, but they're going to be going into a pearl project so that counts right? They're too cool not to share.

1.2 ctw Brian Gavin Superideal cut stud pair:

05378134-4620-46A2-94F3-B81D6453B406.jpg

Very good taste, Andrew. My daughter-in-law wears a Brian Gavin Blue ring, since I worked with my son on the purchase.

Very good taste, Andrew. My daughter-in-law wears a Brian Gavin Blue ring, since I worked with my son on the purchase.

Always appreciate the kind comments, Corvettegirl! :)

And thanks, Red! Since my mom was a jewelry buyer in a "former life," I have learned to get good taste quickly, lest she never like anything I buy for her. I'm the only reasonably successful gift buyer when it comes to jewelry that I know, LOL. :) Brian Gavin stones are AWESOME! I had never really seen an official superideal until recently, and it is pretty mind blowing.

Wow, Andrew! You're settimg the bar high for Christmas. I'm not sure you can top it. The hanadamas are beautiful...and the Tahitians...and the diamonds....

Wow, Andrew! You're settimg the bar high for Christmas. I'm not sure you can top it. The hanadamas are beautiful...and the Tahitians...and the diamonds....

Fortunately the diamonds are not for Christmas. Phew. :D -- That'll be for a spring/summer project, when all the vendors are bored and looking for custom work :)

You're never going to be able to top this year. These are gifts of a lifetime. What a lucky Mom.

Thanks all for the kind comments! :) Looking forward to seeing both how things shape up and what projects I can get started on soon!

Mom's Freshwater button pearls. They are small and comfy and look very round from a distance. Up close, they are almost squares.

Received as a gift, not sure when.

Merry Christmas to all those at P-G. May many pearls find their way to under your trees. :)

[0C4C46C6-92F3-4292-ABCF-44B37D84E9DC.jpg

Last edited:
As highly requested -- neck shots of the Tahitian strand! I said I would comment a little more in this thread than on the PP thread.

P-G's uploader tints a little pink, but otherwise the colors hold true.

So, standard neck shot:

Tahitianneck1.jpg

So many of the pearls in this strand have peacock effects/overtones that it's crazy! I didn't notice until I was able to look a little more closely by the nice window light:

tahitianneck2.jpg

The colors are amazing, interesting, so well thought out, and INTENSE!

A closeup of some of just a few of the peacock tones: (and I didn't get the focus very well - phone kept jumping straight to my mother's sweater texture)

tahitianneck3.jpg

The luster is amazing, the overtones are gorgeous, and the surface quality is just about perfect - maybe one, or two, TINY blemishes on the whole strand.

I see why this strand was a VIP strand -- truly one that almost has to be seen to be believed.

:)

Back