Tahitians? I think not

Diamondsareforever

I’m super embarrassed to even as cause I’m like 99.9% sure they are not but I do want to be certain. Okay I already know they are not Tahitian pearls, but I want confirmation… also are they worthless? I didn’t spend much on them and am using the clasp for a different strand. Should I just toss these?

Attachments

• IMG_9240.jpeg
    IMG_9240.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Yeah, probably not Tahitians. Appear dyed. Not seeing overtones. What size? Difficult to tell from the photo. These could be fun restrung as bracelets and mixed with crystals, gemstones or other pearls. There are very few pearls I consider worthless!

Yeah, probably not Tahitians. Appear dyed. Not seeing overtones. What size? Difficult to tell from the photo. These could be fun restrung as bracelets and mixed with crystals, gemstones or other pearls. There are very few pearls I consider worthless!
I wonder if they are freshwater or saltwater but I am very particular with the pearls I use. I wish I could donate the ones I don’t like cause I hate throwing them away lol they are 8-10mm (approximately).

Thank you for your response @pattye

Not a good photo to actually gauge what they are...but they give me "squint-eyed-dyed-vibes".

Can any of you tell me why this one is stamped China? Does this mean they used the Pinctada Margaritifera in China waters instead of Tahiti?

Attachments

• IMG_9260.jpeg
    IMG_9260.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9258.jpeg
    IMG_9258.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9257.jpeg
    IMG_9257.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9259.jpeg
    IMG_9259.jpeg
    911.5 KB · Views: 55
Many dyed freshwater have a purple/dark blue body color. Some Tahitians can also have aubergine overtone. Photos taken with pearls against a white paper towel might show the color more clearly. It looks like your camera may have focused on your hand instead of the earrings.

Many dyed freshwater have a purple/dark blue body color. Some Tahitians can also have aubergine overtone. Photos taken with pearls against a white paper towel might show the color more clearly. It looks like your camera may have focused on your hand instead of the earrings.
Okay I will get more photos

I suppose they are dyed? Thanks again so much for your expertise. @jshepherd

And everyone else :)

Attachments

• IMG_9280.jpeg
    IMG_9280.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9276.jpeg
    IMG_9276.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
They look dyed/irradiated to me.