Tahitian temptation sale

yes yes yes yes YES!!! I picked up my necklace this morning. So glad I pulled the trigger on this one! It's gorgeous!

I've snapped some pictures but it is very overcast here today. I took these with my phone in front of a window with a full-spectrum light on them - the kind that's for mood, not for crafting. But new pearls are far better for my mood :D

One of the reasons I wanted this strand is that I'd hoped it would be a good match for the Tahitian drops I bought in the fall from PP. And they do look great together! They are pictured here with the necklace.

Beautiful Bordeaux strand:

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

I will take some more pictures with them on my neck when we get a little sunshine around here. I'm in the upper Midwest, so it could be a while . . .

-Gail

Great match Gail and the Bordeaux is absolutely beautiful! It was funny you said you wanted to pair your earrings with this strand because I'm hoping mine would match my earrings too (these are not from PP). It will be a while before my strand gets here :(
20170918_173155.jpg

Great match Gail and the Bordeaux is absolutely beautiful! It was funny you said you wanted to pair your earrings with this strand because I'm hoping mine would match my earrings too (these are not from PP). It will be a while before my strand gets here :(
View attachment 72521

LOL, great minds, Bailey! Beautiful earrings - what is the stone on the hook? It looks like they have a lavender cast, but that could be reflecting from the pearls. Fingers crossed your necklace will be a perfect match. I figured it will probably take you a while to get yours - I have a number of close friends in Canada and any time we send things back and forth, it takes forever. :( I hope I didn't hijack your thread - I was just too excited about talking with someone who also partook of the sale! ;)

Great choices, Incik Boncuk and Bailey! Hope your strand works with your earrings, Bailey. Enjoy wearing your beautiful new pearls!

Great choices, ladies! I put a strand in my shopping cart and then talked myself out of it. When I look in my pearl drawer, I see so much redundancy that I’m afraid of buying and then regretting my choice, i’ve had some pearl disappointments recently.

I totally get that. I only have four strands and two are similar in colour. I would be disappointed If I picked another strand with same colour.

Last edited:
LOL, great minds, Bailey! Beautiful earrings - what is the stone on the hook? It looks like they have a lavender cast, but that could be reflecting from the pearls. Fingers crossed your necklace will be a perfect match. I figured it will probably take you a while to get yours - I have a number of close friends in Canada and any time we send things back and forth, it takes forever. :( I hope I didn't hijack your thread - I was just too excited about talking with someone who also partook of the sale! ;)

I believe the stones are amethyst.
No worries. I didn't start the thread for myself only. I really appreciate you posting pictures of the Bordeaux strand. I couldn't stop thinking about it. At least I can look at it even if i can't have it :D
I'm looking forward to seeing The Standout.

I believe the stones are amethyst.
No worries. I didn't start the thread for myself only. I really appreciate you posting pictures of the Bordeaux strand. I couldn't stop thinking about it. At least I can look at it even if i can't have it :D
I'm looking forward to seeing The Standout.

Ah, beautiful on the earrings.

I wonder if anyone else will notice the thread and post? I like living vicariously through other people's pearls :)

Yes, me too Gail :D

I just spoke with PP's customer support - Kacie (she's great!) and there is another wave of beautiful aubergine tones peacocks coming ;):cool:

Last edited:
Your burgundy strand looks gorgeous Incik Boncuk and goes so well with your earrings.

The Standout!

I'm shocked it came today - usually when USPS tracking says "out for delivery," that means I will get it in a day or two. "Delivered" means I'll get it tomorrow. But I digress . . . you want to see the strands, don't you?!

The luster on these guys is ridiculous.

I took these with my phone, in natural light only on another overcast day, in front of a large, south-facing window. Shown in photos 2 and 4 with the Beautiful Bordeaux strand (on the right in photo 2 and on the inside in photo 4). On my phone, the photos looked nice and crisp, but blown up, not so much. But you get the idea. If they look this fantastic in this terrible light, imagine how amazing they'll be in good light!

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

Thank you, Bailey! I hope you get yours soon - I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

Back