Tahitian rope!

Sanippy

Just finished stringing my rope! The pearls are PP's baby 6-8mm strands. One strand was described as dark silver with subtle overtones and the other dark with iridescent peacock and cherry overtones. Strung on beaders secret in 'storm' from Pattye!

I would almost describe the pearls as pastel. Lots of peacocks, cherries, blues, purple and silver. The colours are bright but softer, not as intense as some of my other pearls. Just lovely! Whatever they are I love them so much more now that they are strung. The colours pop a lot more.

IMG_6926.jpg

IMG_6917.jpg

IMG_6922.jpg

IMG_6919.jpg

Last edited:
Hanadama! I can't believe how those pretty strands pop with lively color now that you've restrung ... wouldn't have thought the effect would be so incredible ... LOVELY :)

Hanadama! I can't believe how those pretty strands pop with lively color now that you've restrung ... wouldn't have thought the effect would be so incredible ... LOVELY :)

I know!! I can't believe it either! To think I was initially disappointed with the cherry/peacocks. I can't believe the amount of colour I'm seeing now. Magic!

Hanadama, oh how beautifully those colors play off each other and you look amazing in the strand! Great combo!! Congrats, too, on the terrific knotting!

Thanks Pattye! Thank you for the wonderful supplies! I don't know what I would do if you didn't ship to Australia!

STUNNING rope, Hanadama!!! It suits you so well, and the colors work so well together! Looks lovely with your Kamoka pearl. I can almost see the smile on your face!! Beautiful!

Absolutely gorgeous. So happy they turned out so well for u

Fantastic, hanadama. I love to see the colors, they really pop against your grey outfit.

Oh, this rope is wonderful. I love the "storm" Beader's secret color with Tahitians. It shows off the pearl colors. The size is dainty and perfect on you!

Wow! That rope takes my breath away. And your pendant is gorgeous, too.

Hanadama that is absolutely stunning!! Such an amazing job and beautiful pearls. I so covet this rope!!

Those two strands blended into a rope look fantastic! They really bring out the best in each other. And the size looks like it could be easily dressed up or down.

This rope is gorgeous and just amazing on you, hanadama. I love shape, luster, overtones, size... everything about it really. Well done!

Really stunning, Hanadama! I think the size of the pearls is well matched with the length of the rope. And the colors really shine against the neutral sweater. Well done!

Thank you so much lmgarden, Katbran, LVL, kalmen, paretlje, moneymeister, BWeaves, Pearly-whites, JP, MSC, BN and SunSeeker!

There appears to be slightly more cherry pearls on one side and more cooler colours on the other. I think I'll mix it up when I restring. And change the clasp to white gold.

But I'll happily enjoy it as is in the meantime. Luckily they work against grey, my wardrobe is full of grey clothes! Photos taken in fluorescent office lighting.

IMG_6961.jpg

IMG_6972.jpg

IMG_6977.jpg

Last edited:
That looks Terrific Hanadama! Really well done! I wonder if the lighter mix helped lift up the colours on the darker ones with the contrast. The certainly look more peacocky that in the earlier photos. I think it's a real winner !

I think you're right! It's the mix of dark and light and I think the mid grey beaders secret helped too.

Those two strands blended into a rope look fantastic! They really bring out the best in each other. And the size looks like it could be easily dressed up or down.

Thanks MSC! I totally agree! And I can definitely see myself wearing it with a tshirt and jeans as well as more formally. As a bonus I'm really enjoying wearing my previously neglected mismatched studs with this rope!

Back