Tahitian Pearl Pendant

Addy

Community member
Here are two pictures of my Tahitian Pearl Pendant from www.pearlparadise.com A beautiful, perfect pearl with light peacock overtone.

If the pics do not show up here, they are in one of my albums.

Attachments

• DSC02886.jpg
    DSC02886.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC02904.jpg
    DSC02904.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 59
Hi Addy, and thank you for posting the goodies on one of your lovely yarn creations! It's always nice when we get to see how an item looks in real life!

Thank you Ladies! Lisa, since you mentioned the word "yarn", I was thinking to knit a lacy shawl with some tiny pearls that would replace the nupps. I guess, it won't happen unless I spend less time on Ravelry;-)

Thank you Ladies! Lisa, since you mentioned the word "yarn", I was thinking to knit a lacy shawl with some tiny pearls that would replace the nupps. I guess, it won't happen unless I spend less time on Ravelry;-)

Beautiful - both the shawl AND the pearl. ;)

I have a partially-started project with a somewhat similar beginning. Think: lace yarn + pearls + mohair fuzz and just imagine! Pattye was gracious enough to get me started (I am not a beader...yet) and Nerida also has helped me along with supplies. Everything has been on the back burner (in timeout), while I have been busy with other things. Someday...

Heidi, thank you! Here is a photo of the shawl. The pattern is from Haapsalu Saal book.This book has tons of lacy patterns to choose from. For this shawl I used mohair Kid Seta. So, all I have to do now is to think of a pattern and get started.....
What kind of pearls are you using? Are you on Ravelry?

Attachments

• DSC02686.jpg
    DSC02686.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 53
Thank you! Your pearl collection is so beautiful!!!!

Daniela, what are nupps? and your shawl is gorgeous!

Darn, all of your work makes me wish there were more hours in the day! My ambitions exceed my grasp in a huge way, but I have the rest of my life to fulfill them, so no worries, right.

You bet she did! You should see the rest of her work, on Ravelry, a needlework site.

Thanks! It took me about 3 months since I do not have a lot of time for knitting. I just knit a little bit here and there...

Cool! Maybe we should start a group on Ravelry "Knitting with pearls"...

Hi Addy
Congratulations on everything, the pendent the pearls and the shawl! Yes please do start a thread, or a group, or both on knitting with pearls. Put it in the lowly beaders section. Hmm might be time to rename it Pearl Crafts. "Lowly Beaders" used to be joke about my commercial pearl creations in a forum where the others are all collecting and designing with fine pearls and jewels.

Hi Addy,

Okay, first the pendant... just gorgeous - that setting is my favourite from the PP collection. But please, a neck shot??
The shawl is magnificent. I used to knit a lot, but terrible wrist and hand pain if I do it now - no real time anyway, sadly!
The pearls I sent to Heidi for her project were tiny keshi - a couple of strands of nice metallic freshwater strands and a gorgeous strand of my favourite delicate things - silvery akoya keshi.

Patty,
Just go for it! I started to knit in 2008, and so far I've made 12 lacy shawls. Mostly gifts.

Last edited:
Back