Some of my pearls

Reiah

Well, it's about time I posted photos for everyone. I guess it's better late than never. I went and visited PP back in march. Had a lot of fun looking at Tahitians with Mia and ended up getting the March special (FW chocolate). I've finally taken some photos. I don't have much digital photography skills, so bear with my pictures. :eek:

The first two pictures are the March special - FW chocolate strand. Very nice and large!

The second two pictures are the treated FW green strand. I really like the color also.

Let me know how I can improve my photo taking... I'll go to bed now. it's late. I'll post some more tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC00566 sm.jpg
    DSC00566 sm.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00566 cross.jpg
    DSC00566 cross.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00567 sm.jpg
    DSC00567 sm.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00567 close.jpg
    DSC00567 close.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 57
Nothing wrong with your photographing skills in my opinion. Very nice pearls. Where from did you get the green coloured freshwater strand?

Hi Reiah,
Lovely pearls and the photos. are great. I especially love the chocolates.
Thanks for posting the pics.

Hi Jerin,
I got the green FW from PP also. Same purchase. Looking at the photos now, i really don't think the photos do the pearls justice. I'm going to try to take them on the windowsill today.

:)

Photo re-take. I think this shows the beauty of the pearls a little better. Oh, and some additional info, the greens are 8-9mm and the chocolates are 8.5-9.5mm. I also got matching earrings for each strand too.

Attachments

• DSC00573 sm.jpg
    DSC00573 sm.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00574sm.pg.jpg
    DSC00574sm.pg.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00575 sm.jpg
    DSC00575 sm.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00576 sm.jpg
    DSC00576 sm.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 70
The color on your necklaces is beautiful and very even. My dyed brown freshwaters are big and fun, but it's almost a multi-colored brown! ;)

Hi Reiah,

Very nice choices! Love both colors. Glad to hear you got matching earrings at the same time. It is so difficult to find matching later, even in natural colors. I look forward to your next purchases!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

The greens are called "black" with green overtones. Thank you! I do love my earrings, but i got the french wire and am regretting a little bit that I didn't get the leverbacks. :-( Oh well, I guess I can always change them out later if they really bother me.
Tiff

Lovely pearls ... the browns are especially luscious ... Have you seen the aubergine and peacocks by any chance? I was hoping for some real life pictures to see which ones I should be getting.

Lovely pearls ... the browns are especially luscious ... Have you seen the aubergine and peacocks by any chance? I was hoping for some real life pictures to see which ones I should be getting.

I did see a bunch, but didn't ask Mia what the overtones are. Sorry. anyone else have photos?

Very nice. You are really going to enjoy the variety.
Congrats....

While you are at PP, was hard not run your hands over every pearl in the place? In some of the pictures I have seen, it looks like there are pearls EVERYWHERE!! I would just go crazy wanting to touch them all.

Richipat,
I didn't get to go into the vault, but Mia did keep bringing out different colors and strands from the vault. It was filling up the little table that they have there. I saw some really wonderful Tahitians, a lot of treated freshwater: chocolates and blacks, and some freshadamas (should have asked to look at more, kind of kicking myself now). When I was there, they were pretty much out of the lavender freshadamas. It was a shame... I also saw some exotics fw, which were super shiny. I didn't take pictures, I didn't know if that would be allowed or not. Maybe next time I'll ask if pictures are okay.

Most of the pearls in the vault are in opaque boxes, so you probably didn't miss much. Besides, having pearls brought to you by your personal concierge is so much better. Not only that, but the vault can get really HOT! ;)

When I was there, they were pretty much out of the lavender freshadamas. It was a shame... .

A little digression, would you agree that the peach pearls (orange-pink) are less in demand the lavender (purplish pink) ? Why...

Yes, they certainly are less popular. Lavender/pink stands out and complements most western skins which have a pale pink/yellow base, but peach tones sink into the skin and hardly show.
Though I got a strand in of which I had high hopes last week, shades of lavender through pink with gold touches, it looks fabulous but on me...a sort of cold icy blue.

I like my white pearls to have a rose overtone, thus almost kind of pink. So I wanted my second pearl strand to be lavenders, as it would be color-wise, more different than my white strand. But eventually I'll get a pink strand.

I thought I read somewhere on the forum that lavenders are less common than pinks. That could also drive its popularity. We want what we can't have.;)

Back