Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

I’m sorry, but the measurement should be done without the tongue of the clasp. The measurement should be the length of the bracelet when it is worn. Thanks for the heads’ up, because I also wear a 7.5” bracelet, but it has to be 7.5” when it is on my wrist.

I’m sorry, but the measurement should be done without the tongue of the clasp. The measurement should be the length of the bracelet when it is worn. Thanks for the heads’ up, because I also wear a 7.5” bracelet, but it has to be 7.5” when it is on my wrist.

I agree, but when I called PP this afternoon I was told that they measure from tip to tip. I asked if that meant that all of their 7.5" bracelets would be too small for me and she said that if the listing indicated a quantity of them were available, I could ask for them to lengthen it. Not sure whether there would be an upcharge for additional pearls.

This is very helpful information for those visiting the forum and considering a purchase. They'll know what to expect, of course logically this is all dependent upon the style of clasp one chooses or that is on offer.

This case isn't buyers remorse, so you shouldn't settle for something you are not 100% happy with functionally, that said it is good you love the pearls. Its more than understandable that you don't want to risk exchanging or returning and losing out on pearls you love...the bonus of restyling/reknotting it makes it even more personal to you!

I agree, but when I called PP this afternoon I was told that they measure from tip to tip. I asked if that meant that all of their 7.5" bracelets would be too small for me and she said that if the listing indicated a quantity of them were available, I could ask for them to lengthen it. Not sure whether there would be an upcharge for additional pearls.

OOOHHHH Congrats and welcome to the Edison "pod" lol! And PP do get Vietnamese Blues from time to time so there will be other specials/opportunities to grab another one to make a rope!

And please post pics when your strands arrive! My strands will arrive later than most as I'm sorting out clasp situations!

Thank you for the warm welcome, Purranha.

I am in Japan at the moment (work up until today, but vacation from now), and won't be back home until December 13th, and then I have to go and get the pearls from my mailbox in Niagara Falls (I live in Canada), so you may well have your pearls before I have mine. But fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your PoV, you can *buy* pearls from anywhere in the world.

Talk to the good folks at PP some more. At this point, they should have enough pearls in their vault be able to match at least another pearl or two to the bracelet for you.

And I agree that "tip to tip" is not an accurate measure of length. It should be the actual length of the bracelet when worn.

Also, keep in mind that pearls take up room because of their diameter, so your "wrist size" in a pearl bracelet is really where the center hole in the pearls is, and not the circumference of your wrist, which will be several mm away from your skin. Bigger pearls require a longer bracelet to fit your wrist.

Noramcd, welcome to PG! I hope you do share pics of your collection; we all enjoy seeing them:)

Thank you for your warm welcome, baby nurse. I'm so glad you all like pictures, because otherwise I wouldn't get to see everyone's beautiful pearls. Your 365 days of pearls thread has been a great pleasure. I discovered the site when you were at least six months in, so I spent quite a few hours drooling over your gorgeous collection. The "show us your pearls" thread is also great eye candy.

Also, keep in mind that pearls take up room because of their diameter ... Bigger pearls require a longer bracelet to fit your wrist.

These are my thoughts, as well.
Parrot Lady, the discrepancy between the photo and what you received would be enough for me to return it. There will be others.

Talk to the good folks at PP some more. At this point, they should have enough pearls in their vault be able to match at least another pearl or two to the bracelet for you.

And I agree that "tip to tip" is not an accurate measure of length. It should be the actual length of the bracelet when worn.

Also, keep in mind that pearls take up room because of their diameter, so your "wrist size" in a pearl bracelet is really where the center hole in the pearls is, and not the circumference of your wrist, which will be several mm away from your skin. Bigger pearls require a longer bracelet to fit your wrist.

I agree with BW! Larger pearls require a longer length. I would think PP has matching pearls to add to bracelet so it is wearable for you.

VIP039 just arrived. Here are my photos under overcast (again!) midday skies. Remember that I am literally halfway to the North Pole on the 45th parallel exactly three weeks before the winter solstice, so the sunlight is very weak.

Next to my window

Pearl Paradise baroque Tahitian strand

And, outdoors where I get good reflections off of our recent snowfall.

20181130_135154.jpg
Wearing my Pearl Paradise baroque Tahitian pearls

PP Tahitians baroque

I think it is amazing that any overtones show up at all. I'm very pleased with this strand.

Well done, Red! I love circled pearls and this one has great luster.

I’m glad your knee replacement went well and your recovery has been smooth. You’re doing it in style with all these goodies!

Thank you, baby nurse. I'm so pleased, with both the knee and the pearls. Yes, I'm enjoying spoiling myself with pearls here.

For those without access to the VIP site, here is the glamour photo and the description. I did ask for the strand to be restrung on Beaders Secret, rather than silk, since these are larger pearls.

Large 12.0-14.7 mm Pearl Paradise Tahitian baroque necklace

12.0-14.7mm AA+/AAA Circled Baroque Tahitian necklace strung with a 14K White Gold Orbit Clasp. This one comes with a story! It's one of the early strands we used to help us get the Pearl Paradise name out there. We sent it out to PR agencies to use in photoshoots, hoping to educate people on the various types of pearls that aren't classic white and round.

There's sentimental value, but we think it's about time we find it a new home

Red, this is a beautiful strand. The luster is just amazing & it looks so good on you. Glad to hear your knee surgery was a success & your recovery is going well. I have a friend who had it done. She said recovery was tough but it was all well worth it!

First of all the bracelet , as Red said, should be measured without adding in the length of the tongue . It makes the bracelet one -2 pearls short. I use the interior diameter as it gives an accurate measurement. Large pearls take more space so might need to be a pearl longer. Length doesn't always work.

Red - I looked carefully at that one.... it was tempting... even for someone who buys wholesale :) I'm glad you bought it !!

Red, Congrats on your new necklace! They look like they have great luster!

Red, you sure caught the luster! Enjoy and wear in health!

Those are some fun shapes, Red! Enjoy that necklace. You wear the larger pearls well!

I know PP has been quite busy with the sale but I finally got the shipping notice for my Vietnamese blues!! I should get them next week. I'm excited to see them IRL!!

Fish   Pearl GIA5F3084A3-DC05-4813-8FC6-606182A4C337.jpgI just received my Tahitian bracelet today and regretfully the same thing happened with mine as with Parrot Lady. It is clearly different than the one pictured, and has only twelve pearls not fifteen as shown.
I’m surprised and disappointed that this happened.
I’m curious Parrot Lady, did you find out if the wrong bracelet was sent?

Thank you 86Corvette, Katbran, annie, BWeaves, BAS, and Andrew M.

I was specifically looking for larger pearls. Here is the new 12 to 14.7mm strand next to my cherry drop Tahitians purchased from PP in January 2014. These are 9 to 11.5mm and have been my favourite cold weather strand. Once again I'm dealing with low light levels when taking these pictures.

Cherry Tahitians from Pearl Paradise

Here is a neck shot of the new strand with my Loot2 drop strand purchased from PP in August 2014 as part of their Tahitian sale that year. This strand is also in the 9 to 11mm range, so you can see what a difference there is in the pearl size. I'm going to enjoy this big new strand. Thanks to Jeremy and PP for letting this beauty go.

My Pearl Paradise Tahitian baroques

Back