recommendations of suppliers

Ooooh, Morphius, stealing posters design pics and using them - that sent a chill up my spine. Nerida pointed to that danger recently, great that you brought it up again!

I would have already fired off the DCMA, sent direct emails to the search engines (just in case), sent a cease and desist warning to the companies main email address and banned his IP from PG and PP...for starters.

Johnny built the site last August, Jeremy's been up for years. A DMCA takedown ... piece of cake.

Domain Name: YLJEWELRYS.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS33.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS34.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Updated Date: 10-aug-2011
Creation Date: 10-aug-2011
Expiration Date: 10-aug-2012

Registrant:
YU LONG JEWELRY
Building 8, Louxia Community, Yiwu City
Yiwu, Zhejiang Province 322000
China

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: YLJEWELRYS.COM
Created on: 09-Aug-11
Expires on: 09-Aug-12
Last Updated on: 09-Aug-11

Administrative Contact:
zhou, yulong @gmail.com
YU LONG JEWELRY
China
86-18958482605 Fax -- 86-579-81585092

Technical Contact:
zhou, yulong @gmail.com
YU LONG JEWELRY
China
86-18958482605 Fax -- 86-579-81585092

Domain servers in listed order:
NS33.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS34.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

JShepherd,

Since you can provide the picture of matinee style, now I am willing to believe that yours are original, though we never copy a single picture from your website. Okay then, I am willing to remove the pictures instantly.

By the way, I respect you as the founder of the pearl-guide.com, which is a informative website. Why I agree on this issue is just because I want myself to be convinced with enough evidence.

Good luck!

Nothing is more frustrating than seeing your pictures and work being used on another website.

But I got a good laugh from this thread. With the basic defense, I didn't steal your photos. I stole someone else's. Atleast he took the photos down.

Hi Jeremy,

this is exactly why i stated it on the other thread.

We have sort of given up after more than 10 years, every time one of these kind of sellers has been held 'responsible', about 20 others are already in starting position. It is very frustrating, but whats worst the buyer wont get what she/he paid for.

Oh i remember how much fun we had ordering "our own" stuff, we got shipped all sorts of things but somehow never what was pictured, must have been our monitor settings or something...

Sven

Back