Prickly pears and pearls

JerseyPearl

I just wanted to share a photo of an inspiration...not sure what this will end up being. IMG_2591.jpg

I love the first two photos, but I cannot see the second two. I can't wait to see what you do with these! Are the beads peridot?

Oh and the heart shape prickly pear pads are actually bites taken by the javelinas. Can you imagine what kind of intraoral tissues they must have to withstand those needles????

Ohhh, more breathtaking Ts!!! Can't wait to see what you make next!

Love those pistachio & peridot greens, JerseyPearl! I can only see the first post too, but so pretty and spring-like. Pearly-Whites, what a lovely flower; hopeful it's in it's full right side up glory now! When Walter and I come to the Ruckus, we sometimes stay at a very unusual B & B in Hollywood for a few days before or after ... the garden around the pool has night blooming cereus (spelling?) cactus that go a full 2 stories high! Very exotic for a girl from PA :)

IMG_1640RSUP.jpg

Lovely, JP... looking forward to what you come up with!

Cathy, is the cereus Peruvians you're familiar with the edible apple type? There are a few genus of cereus. Because they bloom at night, they're commonly pollinated by moths or bats...some by flies. Usually plants that are pollinated by flies have a pungent scent to attract them. . Here in LA we can grow many types of desert plants, but our climate is Mediterranean.

Pearly- Whites, all your Arizona desert plants must be in full bloom!

lmgardens, I'm sorry to say I don't know what kind they are, or even if they are true night blooming cereus. They LOOK like photos I've seen, and they open late in the afternoon/evening. Big white flowers, a little pink around the back edges of the flowers; can't say that I've noticed a scent, although I thought they were famous for a lovely scent. It's hard to get close to them. The garden surrounds the pool, the walls around the garden, the house, the treehouse etc. (I said it was an unusual place :). The owner has many smaller plants in pots, but those don't always have blooms; or they're not quite big enough yet etc. Now the gigantic tall plants are in the ground and go way up 2 stories, so again I can't get close. Once there was a bloom just outside our second floor bathroom balconey French doors, but I couldn't QUITE reach it ... ;) To me they look like this:

Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
The pearls are gorgeous and work very well with the peridot!

Love all the succulents/cacti!

OOOOO, I can see all the photos now. What glorious inspiration!

Abi, Arizona is very diverse ranging from the spectacular Sonoran desert to the mountains. You are going to have an amazing adventure as you explore and get to know it!

Last edited:
Beautiful, JP! I love your gemstone and pearl pairings, they're so pretty. And love the nature photos!

Thanks battah! I try to take my inspirations from the colors I see in nature. I am a flower child at heart (well a flower child who loves bling). I have so many ideas swirling around in my head. I also picked up some wonderful zircons that look great with peacock pearls IMG_2588.jpg And the inspiration photo: IMG_2579.jpg I will bring in the yellow element using 14k gold.

I saw those photos on instagram, I love the colors! That zircon strand is gorgeous, and you always pick the best Tahitians.

I wish I could see your entire shop in person. I don't think the sparkle really comes through on a still photo.

Back