Pricing Question

Hi,
I'm just wondering if someone can answer a quick pricing question! Im a jewelry supplier in the Philippines(Manila), and we recently started supplying pearl Jewelry! Our supplier is charging us $146.54 per 9mm SS. I'm just curious to know if this is a reasonable price, or if we are being had! Thank You

LaVon,

White or Golden? Top quality - as in round and unblemished? Just a little more information would help. ;)

Also, how many do you purchase at a time?

1.) South Sea pearls-White, Off White, Black, Champagne, Gray, Dark Gray = 9mm cost $147.29 per
2.) 9mm Cultured(FW)= $12.27

Here are the prices he sent me! Thanks for all your help!

LaVon,

Hi,
Sorry, I forgot to add this in the last thread! We are interested in making orders between 300-500 pearls at a time!

LaVon,

Hi Lavon,

Thanks for the pricing info., but I do think we will need to know more about the pearls themselves. Round are more expensive than baroque, and surface quality plays a huge part. Does the seller even list them on a scale? I know CFWP use the A-AAA scale, with + signs added to show a grade in between (AA+ is between AA and AAA) and Tahitians grade A-D with A being the highest. Although even these grades are not really standardized, so one companies AAA might be another's AA or even A(for the more devious sellers). Have you bought from them before? If so, please post a picture so we can give you a better idea. If not, I would certainly ask for photos to be sent. And and ask for photos of the ACTUAL pearls you are purchasing, not a stock photo of their inventory. Color, shape, luster, orient, plus others I can't think of all go into pricing. God luck with it. I hope you have a good supplier. Keep us informed.:)

1.) South Sea pearls-White, Off White, Black, Champagne, Gray, Dark Gray = 9mm cost $147.29 per

Too many variables to say for sure, whats the quality?

Black and dark gray .. South Sea? Is it common that lots of different Pinctada are mixed in anything but the lower qualities or color treated? For which.. that price sounds high even for me buying one at time over the counter :eek:. No idea what the quantity discounts should be, but they can't be negative... can they.

Those pearls better be nice :rolleyes:

Freshwaters... You could get Jeremy's 8-9mm AA's one by one (HERE) for about that much though. LOL!

You could find buyers of colored gem rough complaining that the price of facetable quality is higher per carat then finished stones from the same material and source :eek: Some sort of price-reversal. If that's happening for pearls, I'm lost :(

Back