Pretty Sure Akoya

I love the final result. Fabulous! You did very well with adding the rondelles. Wear it in good health.

Thanks, Pareltje, Jersey and PD! I like the plated stuff from gempacked, it all looks really like the real deal. Definitely not too coppery, Jersey. In person, the rose color pops more, but it's not fake looking.

Thanks, Kat! You said it; I was after the clasp, but the entire thing ended up being totally usable. I like the idea of recreating older unworn and neglected pearl necklaces into something wearable. I like the cycle of that.

That turned out great, MSC ... nice use of rhondelles!

I'm working on a Sunday, at my computer no less, so I decided to dress it up a little bit with the vintage akoya set. Usual styling of t-shirt and messy hair ;)

IMG_6247.jpg
IMG_6250.jpg

Last edited:
I took some of the extra pearls and paired it with rose gold (plaTed) and CZ findings for a not-so-well-matched pair of earrings.
View attachment 46859
View attachment 46860

What fun earrings to wear. I love your pearl style and so enjoy seeing what you make. I wouldn't worry about the not matching perfectly. Since they are worn with a head between them trust me no one will notice. I have several pairs that are either not matched by size or color and no one has ever made a comment about not matching.

Back