PP new site design

I started thinking about, and I started to feel bad since the response to the new site hasn't been too positive. Someone (or some people) worked really hard on the new site. So, I just wanted to say that overall I think the new site is an improvement and better than the old site. I think it's much more consumer friendly - easier navigation, better tools for evaluating merchandise such as alternate pictures, etc. However, I do believe that the color issues I previously posted about may not be the best aesthetically. Other than that, I think the site is better than the old site.

Last edited:
I think it must be months of work to make this come to fruition. I like the alternative views, being able to "view all" and sorting by price (a trade-off for clicking on each item to get blown-up picture, no big deal), clasp options are available at a glance instead of drop down menu, ability to shop by color, collection. The whole page seems a little busier than the older site, but it's easier to navigate. I think some of the FW photos are too muted so that the reflection and lustre seem chalky, but we know those pearls look much better than that. It could be an issue with new customers. :)

I like the GSS page. The golden pearls show great contrast against the chocolate wrapper.

Btw, are you at the airport Callire or will you be traveling today or in the next couple days? I remember that you're always at the airport when these sales start. ;)

Nope! That was last week. :D I'm all clear until the first week of june.

I like the GSS/chocolate shot, but the dark against the white fw and akoyas still bother me. Ooh, come on, how pretty would those petit fours look? Wow, now I keep imagining pearls and various sweets, pretty.

I like the GSS/chocolate shot, but the dark against the white fw and akoyas still bother me. Ooh, come on, how pretty would those petit fours look? Wow, now I keep imagining pearls and various sweets, pretty.

Whew!!!!! You cut it close!!

Now you've got me imagining a round plate with a strand of pearls on the outer ring and a little petit four in the middle of the plate with a pair of earrings on top. I'm already thinking about where I'm eating dinner.

I read that when Jennifer Lopez married Marc Anthony she insisted that the "pearls" on the front of the wedding cake actually be real pearls. The bakery had to explain to her that they couldn't do that b/c someone might try to eat them and choke on them. LOL.

No. I don't think it's Ferrero Rocher. I think it's toasted coconut. Yum! I am usually very well-disciplined when it comes to sweets. I had to sneak to the kitchen for some sweets a while ago. :eek:

I like the new design. It is easy to navigate, more information on a page, and the alternate views are nice and clear.

I like the new design. It is easy to navigate, more information on a page, and the alternate views are nice and clear.

I agree. The new site looks cleaner, and the alternate views give exactly what we all want to see... the clasp, the piece, a closeup and best of all, a neckform shot! Perfect. And the chocolates... well, I am a bit of a sucker for chocolates anytime, so why not?

I read that when Jennifer Lopez married Marc Anthony she insisted that the "pearls" on the front of the wedding cake actually be real pearls. The bakery had to explain to her that they couldn't do that b/c someone might try to eat them and choke on them. LOL.

They can make cute little pearl accents though with icing. Yum! I wouldn't want people pawing all over pearls though, maybe there could be a glass table top with a sea of akoya underneath? Mmmmmm semi-edible pearls.

Now I want petit fours. Darn.

They can make cute little pearl accents though with icing. Yum! I wouldn't want people pawing all over pearls though, maybe there could be a glass table top with a sea of akoya underneath? Mmmmmm semi-edible pearls.

Now I want petit fours. Darn.

Like so? And another. Also cupcakes.

The Jennifer Lopez cake thing is strange-- non-edibles adorn cakes all the time. They just have to be removed before the cake gets nommed.

I like how I can navigate and see more items per page, but I think the white-blue is a bit harsh on the eyes. That being said, I do understand and appreciate how much hard work went into designing a new site!

I actually like the blue/white, but I am biased in favor of that color combo. It seems bright and clean.

Two thoughts on the new site.
I agree with most of you that it is bright, easy to use, and well thought out with much easier navigation.

I just wish I could see the pearls better. Maybe when people get their pearls they will just gasp at how beautiful they are. I liked the old pictures better. Everything thing else is great.

I can appreciate the work it must have taken to get everything together but I did like it better the way it was before even if navigation is easier now.

You know the saying: less is more... the site with its many items lacks the elegance and background from earlier. Each and every one of the pearl necklaces and the other pearljewelry deserves to be seen on its own. This setup reminds me of other vendor?s sites that I consider more "commercial" in the sense of lower quality. Sorry, but that?s my opinion. For a new customer it would be crucial to really SEE HOW HIGH QUALITY PEARLS look so she/he can decide there and then to buy from the vendor in question.

Definitely, I liked "old one" better. Now it looks like 1000 other sites that sell average quality pearls. In my opinion previous one was more interesting, unique, classy.... but who am I to comment on professionals.... From user point of the view - previous bigger pictures made easier for me to choose what I want to "click on" to see better. Now I would have to click on everything to see anything... no time for this, so I left the site and went somewhere else to look at my new "must haves"...

I guess we'll have to wait for the statistics to tell us if the new site is more successful.

There was an article the other day, forget where, about a 30 year business owner whose business was recently doing poorly and when he went for a loan the bank turned him down. They said he hadn't made any changes in the last 30 days so why would he think his business would change?

Back