Pearls from Spain?

Ck08soccer

I inherited these pearls from my grandmother. She says they're from Spain and I was wondering how much they're worth

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 51
Hi,

Have you tried rubbing them gently against each other? With the reference to Spain I am thinking they could Majorica pearls. They are man-made pearls, fake pearls meant to look like pearls. If they are Majorica they should feel smooth rather than gritty. I believe there are peopl on this forum who can tell by the orient of the pearls on the picture, but I don't know enough to be sure :)

If they are smooth, you might want to look at eBay to see what prices vintage Majoricas are sold for.

- Karin

That is a very modern clasp (probably last few years)I have similar in stock in vermeil but they are also available in plated and filled. I believe, so not vintage. Unfortunately the chances of that being made of imitation pearls are high, As KarenK says, Spain is a red flag for pearls. So many people think they are getting the real thing, even when they have seen them being made on a factory tour (yes, really!)

Back