Pearl certificate

Elias

Hello everyone,

One seller is offering me this set and he said it comes with this certicate. Sorry for the picture quality is the only one I have.
What kind of cetificate is that? Is it real? Does it state something about that set, and if the pearls are any good?

Thank you

Elias

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230930_213654_enjoei.jpg
    Screenshot_20230930_213654_enjoei.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_20230930_213707_enjoei.jpg
    Screenshot_20230930_213707_enjoei.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 146
Hello everyone. Sorry for reviving this, but I would like to update what happened and what I learned as a way of helping anyone that want any info about that, just as I have been helped so many times here.
I bought the certificate set and I also bought another necklace that the same seller had. The seller is from a Japanese family, he doesn't know how he ended up with these items but he told me that they have been stored for a long time and never used.
The set that came with a certificate is from a Japanese jewelry company called Shikanko, the necklace has an interesting "automatic" silver clasp, I don't know how to describe it haha. The earrings have 14k white gold posts. Both necklaces don't have knots between the pearls, I found it unusual.

about the certificate: what I learned is that if you have a certificate from this company, which apparently is a private Japanese company, and it is like mine, like ss or s if it is more recent, you have pearls that are of the hanadama type , which is supposed to be one of the best types of akoya pearls you can have. you can see the type of certificate next to the numbers. On the certificate you have all the details of the pearls and even a photo of what was certified so you can be sure that what you have is what is described on it. The pearls in this set are small, a very beautiful size, but they are absolutely wonderful. Even though I consider myself a layman in the world of pearls, I can say that I have seen many of all types and when I see something beautiful I can tell. they are really beautiful. I'm even going to have the clasp replaced to a 18k gold one and put knots between the pearls.

Attachments

• 20240723_021441.jpg
    20240723_021441.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
about the pearls: comparing the two necklaces I bought, the hanadama and the simpler one, what I noticed right away is how the simpler one is much more pink. the hanadama has a pink halo and varied tones but the other has a much stronger presence of pink. I was intrigued and picked up a pair of a+ quality Mikimoto earrings as well as another pair of Mikimoto that imitate a bunch of grapes to compare. the mikimoto also has a lot more pink compared to the simpler necklace. This confused me, because mikimoto pearls were supposed to be closer to hanadama than the simplest necklace. Another thing I noticed was the difference between the two in my skin tone. the hanadama looked magical when I put it on my arm to see but the pinker one looked like it was more cream. both reflect light beautifully. I include here photos of the comparisons I mentioned and also of the two in contrast with my skin tone.

in the photo of the earrings at the top is the mikimoto a+ pair and the other mikimoto with smaller pearls. below the pair of hanadama earrings. this yellow reflection that they have underneath does not exist to the naked eye. In the photo on my arm on the left is the hanadama necklace and on the right is the necklace without a certificate. You can clearly see how the pinkest necklace looks peachy or creamy. In the third photo the top necklace is the hanadama.

Attachments

• 20240723_022720.jpg
    20240723_022720.jpg
    922.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240723_023237.jpg
    20240723_023237.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 20240723_023706.jpg
    20240723_023706.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
What I can say is that both necklaces are of much higher quality than the other more "commercial" akoya pearls that I have, bought in jewelry stores. This is very interesting, as even famous jewelry stores don't use the best pearls in their pieces, even when they use 18k gold. In the photo I compared it with several 18k gold jewelry pearls and see how the quality doesn't even compare with hanadama and even with the other pinker one. In person the difference is much more noticeable.

Attachments

• 20240723_024516.jpg
    20240723_024516.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
Back