Paula Crevoshay Trunk Show

Paula Crevoshay jewelry always something special!

What a wonderful treat, Red! Thanks for taking us along for a bit of the Trunk Show :) What glorious one of a kind pieces ... all amazing and wonderful. My favorite by far ... the Renaissance piece ... just incredible. Green silk dupioni dress, check in the mail ... starting to feel like karma to me, Red ... :)

LOL, of course it is karma, Cathy. It's the silliness of thinking I need this fabulous jewel, and it best matches the outfit that I wear to slog through the mud at an outdoor carnival once a year.

That mabe definitely looks like a New Zealand paua abalone pearl, sometimes marketed under the name "blue eyris". Gorgeous pieces!

Thank you so much for your expert eye, la_corsetiere. As I recall, you also own some fabulous NZ abalone necklaces.

I don't mean to tell you your business, BUT if you have the money you HAVE to have that enhancer! That is a once in a lifetime chance, at least it would be for me! Especially since it complements your Ren Faire dress!!!! (Can you tell I want to live vicariously through you???? If you do buy it you must tell us ALL about it and lots of photos!!)

On another topic, how is the book? I've toyed with buying it, but just bought the new Temple St. Clair book which took a chunk from my "discretionary" funds and I don't want to buy the Crevoshay book if it is just so so. Is it awesome? Will I regret not buying it? I need opinions!!! ;-)

The Crevoshay book is beautiful photos of minerals and then a photo of one of her incredible jewels using those minerals. It is an art book, not any sort of reference guide. Paula freely admits that she is a painter, and uses minerals to paint flower jewels. This bias is evident in her book. There are no sizes given for the pieces, no dates, nor is the metal mentioned. This book was to accompany her Paris mineral museum show that is going on now.

Have you checked out her website? The pieces are magnificent.

I too think that you should buy this piece, or else it will be the one that got away...of course, you shouldn't mortgage the house to do it, but if you can swing it you should.

Ha, ha, my jeweler says exactly the same thing. :rolleyes:

I know that Paula has purchased Eyris Blue Pearls directly from Roger Beattie in the past. Gorgeous.

Thanks, GemGeek. I thought that might be the case. When I first saw this piece, I pulled up the Eyris website on my handy smart-phone and showed my jeweler the various colors of these pearls. She had no idea as she is not the pearl connoisseur that you are. :)

Twice a year, Red ... we'll all happily slog around after you at ruckus :)

A Crevoshay jewel. Sigh. I would love it if you owned one, because you would wear it for us == and it would give you great pleasure.

Update. I dropped by my jeweler's this afternoon, and indeed, Paula had insisted they hold onto this jewel because, "it was meant to be" mine. So, I tried it on again, and put it on lay away. I'll try to have it paid off in time for the ruckus. In the meantime, I can visit it periodically and take more photos for you guys.

This beauty takes my breath away each time I see it. I was wearing a red scarf and my rubies today. I think it works.
2016-12-20 16.44.54.jpg2016-12-20 16.46.30.jpg

Update. I dropped by my jeweler's this afternoon, and indeed, Paula had insisted they hold onto this jewel because, "it was meant to be" mine. So, I tried it on again, and put it on lay away. I'll try to have it paid off in time for the ruckus. In the meantime, I can visit it periodically and take more photos for you guys.

This beauty takes my breath away each time I see it. I was wearing a red scarf and my rubies today. I think it works.
View attachment 47019View attachment 47020

to die for... that would have been my choice as well
may it bring you luck and health

Oh Red how fabulous!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! I am thrilled for you and yes it was meant to be yours. Can't wait to see it next summer ;)

Ooooh, Red ... Karma meets Kismet! Paula knew ... SO thrilled for you, and it does look like it was made just for you!!! Congratulatory HUGS :)

Back