Not sure if these are real...

aehug

Hi Everyone,

I am so grateful to have found a community like this.

I received these pearls from a family member. They were falling off their string. They are between 4mm to just over 1cm. They feel a bit gritty when rubbed together but I can't be sure. I was thinking of making something with them and am curious if they are real or valuable?

Thank you to everyone who reads this or responds. I really appreciate the help :)

PA221408.jpg
PA221410a.jpg

Hello Aehug! Welcome to our forum :)
You took some really nice shots of the pearls! Let's wait for our amazing pearl loving community to start sharing their knowledge and expertise!

Aehug,

Looks like you have quite the collection of Chinese freshwater pearls there! They don't have a bead inside to make them round, so they are all nacre. You can create an interesting necklace from these. Pearl Dreams created an awesome tutorial teaching us to string pearls here
There are "stringing" videos also under the "Lowly Beaders" section of this forum.

They look like Chinese freshwater pearls from some years ago that are trying to look like Lake Biwa pearls from Japan. Restring them and enjoy!

Back