Need expert opinions on these pearls

SuddenlyAddictedToPearls

Community member
Hi
Can anyone tell me about these? Your honest opinions are needed. Give me the good, the bad and the ugly.

thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN0004.jpg
    DSCN0004.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Well,

It is easier to tell a bit if they are photographed on ivory or white background. A paper towel or linen napkin works well. What can you tell us about them? Size, where from, clasp? My first instinct is they look like faux pearls, very round, very shiny, very alike. We aren't mind-readers, so help us out a little, please.

They have the fake red and green "orient" of Majorica imitation pearls. That is my vote.

I am concurring... tooth test and white background would help.

SATP: If they are majoricas, don't get rid of them. Majoricas have value in their own right.

KP, and GG: no, I definitely will keep them. They have a big sentimental value:)
But I'm awfully tempted to get PP's monthly special.

I love my strands of Majorica too! And yes, they are pricey, but I got mine years ago before round freshwaters were available and affordable.

The red and green pseudo-orient is very distinctive.

I have a pair of Majorica "Tahitian" pearl studs in my collection, probably 14mm or 15mm, and they form part of my "working" pearl wardrobe :)

They would cost a fortune if they were real!

I believe most men have little clues when it comes to jewellery. My beloved partner purchased some Haematite jewellery while on holiday in Kenya, and was told they were really scarce, special and handmake locally blah blah blah. In fact, they were low quality mass imports :rolleyes: They were not to my taste, and have never worn them, however, they have huge sentimental value. I may recycle them and make into something more wearable with my Beaders Specials :)

DK :)

Back