My Paradise Order!

callire said:
Maybe I should trust my instincts and go for the 26"?.

One vote for ;) IMO, the longer strand will be 'you look' much more then a standard 16 inch-er :rolleyes:

Yes, well, my friends don't seem to agree. I'm always referred to as "the pale one." Eh, whatever.

When you and your friends are all 45 or so, they will all be wishing they had been pale and kept out of the sun earlier! I am looking for a 20ish year old v v broke student to do some modelling for my website - don't have Jeremy's budget, and my one criteria (other than happy to work for pearls) is that they are pale!!

Pity you don't live in Sydney! All of my friends think I've gone a little strange when I keep looking at their daughters' necks and shoulders!!

Nerida,

That's what I keep telling myself. They all think I'm crazy now, but in 10 years, I'll be much better off. My mother habitually tanned when she was younger, and she constantly reminds me to reapply sunscreen. In the photos, I'm actually a bit sunburned! I went on vacation, and despite my best efforts, I've got a little bit of sun.

I think I'll go for the 26" I'm pretty tall too (5'6") and I think the 16" might look a bit silly. I really only considered it because I thought it was a good "standard" piece to get (and I always stare at my friend's strand whenever she wears it).

Nerida,
I went on vacation, and despite my best efforts, I've got a little bit of sun.

Sounds like me right now. I'm a pale one too, and after dashing out late a few mornings in a row this month having chosen pearls instead of sunscreen, a slight tint is sullying my skin.

I did some work with Habitat for Humanity recently and didn't get a bit of a tan thanks to Sofina Sunscreen. White protect is my preference, but Lucent has a great reputation.

Why not go for a 26" with a pearl shortener. That way you can go from 16" to 26" and everywhere in between with just one strand. More bang for the buck!

The pearl necklace is beautiful on you Callire, so I second what Caitlin says, Freshadamas are always something special and the "Victorian" pendant will be there for you later on. I just finished reading all the other posts and of course, you should go the cheaper, but longer strand right now. When you have more money, buy yourself Freshadamas in size 8,5 - 9 mm, they will look simply stunning on You.

And do some more work on your sister so she gives you the gold chain for your GSS-pendant. They suit each other very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back