My first pearl photo (out of many, hopefully!)

strands

Hi everyone,

Seeing that so many of you have posted some really great pictures of pearls, allow me to submit my own little humble contribution. I hope you like it. :)

Of course, questions and comments are welcome.

Attachments

• 3179461650_6441a5ddc5.jpg
    3179461650_6441a5ddc5.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 52
Thanks everyone. :)

I'll post more over the weekend. I was basically testing out a camera and lighting setup last night. Getting that white background without any Photoshop manipulation AND maintaining the quality of the pearl in the image took a while to perfect, but it wasn't as hard as I thought.

If that's your first pearl photo, then you should have a long love affair with photographing them. Yummy! ;)

If that's your first pearl photo, then you should have a long love affair with photographing them. Yummy! ;)

I should clarify the title a bit... It's my first photo submission to P-G and my first usage of my new camera and lighting setup (at least to achieve that look). I've taken a few shots of Tahitian pearl jewelry over the last few months, only to realize how hard it is to photograph pearls! :)

And yeah, the love affair is starting to grow stronger. ;)

I have a Cubelite system and the softer reflected light really helps with pearl photos. Have fun! ;)

I have a Cubelite system and the softer reflected light really helps with pearl photos. Have fun! ;)

I've heard a lot of great things about Cubelite. A friend of mine has a similar system and he's done some great work with it.

My setup has four floodlights lit by daybright fluorescents diffused by a sheet of paper towel. Works great. :)

Here are other photos I took a few months back...

Attachments

• DSC_0010_7.jpg
    DSC_0010_7.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0013_2.jpg
    DSC_0013_2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 59
Back