My first pearl necklace and earings

bluefox

Hi, my name is Carmel and I just brought my fist necklace for my upcoming 50th birthday, in June.
I have learned a lot from this forum and I would like to thank everyone. :)
They told me they are AAA, but I am not convinced. They are still pretty to me.
pearl necklace set2.JPG

And they are pretty! I'll bet you feel like a princess when you're wearing them. Great job! :cool:

Nothing says class and elegance like a classic strand and pair of stud earrings! This is a great way to start a pearl collection, begin with the basics then maybe you will venture into the more exotic. Well congratulations they are beautiful.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have not worn it, (am waiting for my birthday). My husband said I should get black pearls instead of white. He put a bee in my bonnet. He should have never have said that. ha ha.
Oh, he also asked me why I need a pearl necklace, I have no one to pass it on to!

Who says you need someone to pass it on to, to have one? Does he not buy a new watch if he has no one to pass it on to?

I hope you will post a neck shot after your birthday. :)

You deserve those gorgeous pearls and some Tahitians too. Not either/or, it's both/and!! Think of them as consumables- like a trip to Australia, once the money is spent, it it is spent, and you don't even have to have something to show for it, except a happy time or maybe a seashell! Same with pearls. You can designate a charity or charities to take over your pearls when you are done. If you have any paperwork, hold on to it.

Meanwhile, wear them out! Daily use is best. When you get your Tahitians, wear them separately or together! By then, you may want a keshi necklace or a pendant or two-or drop earrings...... there is no end to it!

I am retired and don't go out daily as I used to, but I generally wear pearls anyway. Hubby and I have a rule, he can take photos of me only if I am wearing pearls. (He just got a new camera)

Hi Carmel,

Your pearls look lovely!

And I completely agree, Cailtin. I have never been able to figure out why I need an occation to wear a beautiful silk dress or a strand of pearls. Getting up in the morning and feeling happy wearing them must be occation enough.

- Karin

Thank you again, :) I think I will wear them everyday. I have seen many beautiful pearls on this forum. That is a good idea to wear the Tahitians and akoyas together. I will post a photo of me wearing my akoya necklace after my birthday.
Everyone is so knowable about pearls here, it is a good place to learn.

Uhhh, Tahitians and Akoya together... That means I need to get some Akoyas...

I still recall someone posting a picture of dark Tahitians with white Sout Sea Pearls - looked amazing. I guess that compared to that Akoyas would be a bit more within my reach.

- Karin

Back