Modern Jeweler's Pearl Gem Profiles: Multicolor Tahitian strand and circle pearls

Hanaleimom

I found these articles regarding multicolor pearl strand http://www.modernjeweler.com/web/online/Pearl-Gem-Profiles/Multicolor-Pearl-Strands/3$248

and circle pearls http://www.modernjeweler.com/web/online/Pearl-Gem-Profiles/Circle-Pearls/3$253

"Circle Pearls" is dated May 4, 2007 (going to Print Article option will show date of article). It was stated that Japan is going ga-ga over this trend. “Circle pearls are the world’s most for-sure pearl. Customers see the ridges in them and they don’t have to wonder if they’re man-made pearl-escent plastic. They can see at a glance these pearls grew inside an oyster.”

Can someone in Japan comment? I thought I read some posts recently that baroque/circle is still very new and/or rarely seen in Japan. Maybe Bluepawprint said that?

Last edited:
I thought I read some posts recently that baroque/circle is still very new and/or rarely seen in Japan. Maybe Bluepawprint said that?

Oh, I remember that post. Bluepawprint mentioned baroque/circle is not often seen in Singapore. It was in the thread where she was talking about her purchase of a strand of baroque tahitians.

I can imagine why circled pearls attract more and more attention. For some reason they indeed have a subtle combination of attractive form, richness of colour, natural spotaneous character. To me circled Tahitians somehow bring more pleasure than perfectly round Tahitians, not to compare with silverish variation of baroque Tahitians, which I happened to dislike for their drop shapes.

As the article says, in buxom sizes these circled baroques can be absolutely irresistable - and I just had this experience myself (see the picture I just made, these are 12,5-14mm and after many attempts I did not manage to reproduce the rainbow of their colours and their perfect luster, - but it is a REAL treat!, just can not leave it out of hands..., like a new doll in childhood...).

VoPTahiti1-vi.jpg

Last edited:
p

p

Olmander,
They are beautiful indeed. I don't see any blemishes at all. I was attracted to drop shape ones. I've been seeing some circle shape pictures lately and like them too, especially with the deep grooves.

Back