Mikimoto vintage assistance please

Kyliearcher

I would really appreciate your assistance with this mystery. These belonged to my husbands grandmother (we think, he’s almost 60 and we’re from New Zealand, so possibly great grandmother) and they’re very beautiful.

I’ve never worn them and they been in their box for at least the last 30 years and likely much longer so looking to pass them down to one of our children.

However keen to understand if they’re authentic and if they need to be restrung? Ironically we’re living in Tokyo for a few years so I can take them to Mikimoto if you think it’s worth it?

The box looks the correct size, but I cant see on M on the clasp? The pearls are very heavy and the clasp looks a good weight, some kind of less yellow gold, poss a garnet or ruby with pearls? Only the first few pearls are knotted and they look like the need a clean, but I haven’t touched them yet?

This forum is impressive and really appreciate the advice!

Mikimoto vintage assistance pleaseMikimoto vintage assistance pleaseMikimoto vintage assistance pleaseMikimoto vintage assistance pleaseMikimoto vintage assistance pleaseMikimoto vintage assistance please

Thanks for the photos of the lovely pearls and case. I'm not able to make out the markings on the clasp. Yes, I think it would be worth it to take them to Mikimoto in Toyko; they would be able to authenticate. Do you have a loupe? Yes, because of the age the silk will have deteriorated and should be restrung before being worn. Please let us know what you find out. I'm sure our other Miki lovers will add to this discussion.

Back