lusterific

G

gemologist

I really wish I had a much better picture... maybe I'll get around to getting a better camera setup someday, but this pearl's luster is fantastic, the nacre is semi-transparent near the larger part of it and the play of color is really fantastic.... I should really take a movie of it instead of a photo... anyways it's just one that stood out to me (it was in a bowl a part of my kitchen table centerpiece :) appx 30mm x 9mm

pearly.jpg

That translucence was called "water" by Tavernier in the 17th century. It mostly applies to solid nacre pearls, but the Chinese haven't done much with the ones they find in their CFWP harvests, so that pearl's a rarity.

Last edited:
Wow! Where did you get it? The color looks like it could be a conch pearl....Is it?

Wow, magnificent! Please let us see what that centerpiece looks like! Hum, that looks like it could be strawberry creme flavor---guess I better have breakfast-----!
Keishi or tissue nucleated? Freshwater??

Wow, magnificent! Please let us see what that centerpiece looks like! Hum, that looks like it could be strawberry creme flavor---guess I better have breakfast-----!
Keishi or tissue nucleated? Freshwater??

Actually, it's just a plain' ol freshwater pearls, and you never would believe what I paid for it, sheesh louise, I gotta get me some more of these.

You may not believe this, but I actually put into a frame that I made up a few days ago, and I have made some pearl dicoveries that should be interesting to some people here.

Back