loose pearls multicolor

Huahinepearls

I put these pearls in a white bowl with water and under the sun. Watch the result!! That's how you can really see the color of the pearl.
I was so amazed! I've never seen such colors...awesome!!

Attachments

• multicolor.jpg
    multicolor.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 50
  • multicolor pearls.jpg
    multicolor pearls.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 52
Do you farm these pearls yourself? They are lovely. What size are these?

Are those all natural colors? Or a mix?

Pattye
so many pearls so little time

you have some nice blue tones showing there, I've never thought of shooting a pearl in the water like that.

I've taken many pictures in that manner: white/light colored bowl with water...then into the sun. The colors will deepen, overtones will become quite apparent. Color is enhanced in this manner and helps you pick up different colors.
In this photo, the pearls have just been extracted from the oyster and the water is cloudy (you can see "protein" in it)...but the colors just flare up!

Attachments

• 1er D?a de Cosecha 2008 013 [320x200].JPG
    1er D?a de Cosecha 2008 013 [320x200].JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 67
My first thought is that it?s not a good idea to use the pictures taken that way when selling the pearls because then the costumers would think they look that way even when not in water so they?ll be disappointed... I read somewhere that PP tone down their pictures a bit, I think it?s a good idea.

pearls in water

pearls in water

I am wondering what the pearls look like out of the water. It would be interesting to see pictures side-by-side of the pearls inside water bowl and without water to compare the colors. Are the pearls natural colors? So many of them have unusual chocolate and dark blue hues (on my monitor). I haven't seen many TAH pearls like that, but I am inexperienced anyway.

I agree with Mervione regarding PP's tone down pictures. I have a necklace from PP; and it is so much prettier in reality than the picture I received from Natalie.

Back