Looking to purchase these tahitian pearls? Is this a good deal?

jlcorn582

Hi there first time poster..I am looking to purchase these Long Baroque Tahitian pearls and wondering if it is a good deal or not?
thanks so much
10-pcs-11-12mm-Drilled-Loose-Long-Baroque-Tahitian-Black-Pearl.html

Attachments

• sale_tahitian_pearl_necklace_tnze_sm.jpg
    sale_tahitian_pearl_necklace_tnze_sm.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 56
Here is the link - http://www.tadragon.com/product/LPT...-Loose-Long-Baroque-Tahitian-Black-Pearl.html

It isn't a bad deal for a small lot. But it's not really possible to determine the quality from the photo. But even at commercial grade, it wouldn't be a bad deal if you receive what is in the photo.

I remember tadragon for some reason. It might be somewhere here on PG from many years ago. But for some reason, I remember something about eBay auctions, maybe a tin cup with freshwater or something like that. That long ago, it might not even be the same company though.

Oh. I just saw Jeremy's post. Those are the ones. For double the price you can get a whole strand of far more colorful Tahitians as cited above.

Those pearls are okay...rather ho-hum and certainly not fabulous. But it depends on what you want them for.
I wouldn't buy them

That is true. They are not comparable pearls in anything but what you can get for the money. I just like the colorful ones better and a lot of people don't even know they can get such interesting Tahitians. IMHO small and colorful is better than large and black with few overtones. Large with a lot of overtones would be the best of both worlds, but they are really expensive compared to the ones under discussion!

True, but that is preference. Darker pearls are, for the most part, more valuable. Pearls with tight circles are the least valuable shape of Tahitian. Tight circles with light color and moderate to some heavy blemishing is the lowest value in all respects, strictly speaking of actual value. Dark colors in a larger size with relative light blemishing and light circling in a drop shape equals much more valuable pearls. The OP could do better, but it definitely isn't a bad deal.

LOL. Boy, I am have such a dumpster diver taste in pearls. I go straight to the worst quality! <giggles> I hear you, but I just love those cruddy little pearls. I just love the ones with bands of color. I didn't even know they were the worst!

I have the perfect flawless Tahitian you gave me. Perfect round, perfect skins- not even one blemish!!!! Super-high luster, bright overtones They are such a treasure -and I would never wear them when I sweat. I have never even restrung them as I might get some pearls out of order. (You know that is something for me to say!) They are beyond perfection- and I swoon every time I open their beautiful box, but I spend a lot of summertime in shorts and tee shirts and would wear one of those banded ones and just wash off the sweat, now that I know they aren't the best quality.

LOL, I wouldn't say that at all! You have great taste in pearls! Also, I wouldn't say they are the worst. I like the look too. I am strictly referring to value.

I remember the time when PP had lots of lovely Tahitian baroque necklaces for sale at ridiculously low prices, and PGers were frantically buying them and posting which ones they had bagged on here!

Happy days!

DK :)

We've been sitting on four large bags of loose (around 10,000 pearls) since December waiting for something that still hasn't happened that would have cleaned out stock out. We just discussed yesterday sending them to Japan to drilled and matched. If it does happen, we can always break the strands apart like we had to in 2010!

What are you waiting for Jeremy? Economic recovery? Is that what you mean? My husband's business has never really recovered from the 2008 crash; (he builds furniture).
Linda.

Back