Linda's Lowly Beading Adventures

It doesn't say what the acorns are made out of. The royal family uses this one a lot, it seems to be one of their favorites. Well they use them all a lot. Their collection is awsome.

Purple pearls 2; these are more lavender, and they are strung with sterling beads and a centerpiece of a jaguar (from Rio Grande):
purple_pearls_jaguar.jpg

Restringing with an orbit clasp is always a great idea. I agree, lovely colors. We need a neck shot.

Beautiful Linda, I especially love the tahitian keshi and the bigger tahitian strand. Those pearls are glowing.

I really enjoyed the Swedish royal jewels documentary, too. I was fascinated by the tiara with the pearl acorns in the first hour. I wish I could find a translated version. And I did get my husband to watch a little bit. He speaks Dutch, but the Swedish was beyond him. I took a screenshot of the tiara. It looks like they used tahitian pearls:
View attachment 74573

No pearls. That's cut steel. It was a rare "gem" back in the Napoleonic era. It sparkles like diamonds though, when light reflects off the facets of the steel.

I played with some cut steel -- it does sparkle like diamonds, especially by candlelight. Also by candlelight, rose cut diamonds sparkle better than modern cuts. I put it to the test in our last major power outage.
I've been working with some blue lace agate beads:
blue_lace_agate_beads.jpg
and a neck shot:
blue_lace_agate_beads_neck.jpg

Lovely blue lace agate beads, Linda! ps they work up really well with white pearls :)

Not beads, but my latest project: wire wrap. I took a class 10 years ago, and haven't tried it since. Luckily my notes are not too bad. The stone is a moonstone.
moonstone_wirewrap_pendant.jpg

Back