Keshi pearl valuation

jevont

These are some keshi pearl from family's pearl farm. I'm just curious if we're getting a good price for the keshi (or pearls in general). It's a small farm in Indonesia and mostly selling to middlemen in Lombok.

So yeah, I'm wondering what would be a usual price for south sea keshi with these look?
1000078219.jpg
1000078221.jpg

1000078218.jpg

These are gorgeous!
It would be great to see a pearl farmer going this way and producing keshi pearls.

Are you considering giving more priority to keshi production as a possibly more profitable niche than beaded pearls?
These are gorgeous!
It would be great to see a pearl farmer going this way and producing keshi pearls.
Hmm, I suppose I can see the novelty but so far we're not trying to produce keshi. They remain byproduct from rejected grafting. But as they're here I suppose I want to know the proper price.

This got me thinking, like what's the end product for keshi? I imagine they're not used much in jewelry at least compared to commercial grade beaded pearl...

Among the members here there is great affection for Keshi, including wide-ranging jewelry application. Their appeal is similar to naturals, a more organic appreciation.

If you want to see examples of the end product for keshis, try to browse through the thread "Show your pearls in action."

Personally I have a short strand of tiny Akoya keshi that I use for layering or on its own if I want things very simple.

They are gorgeous, and the shapes are amazing. I wonder how the color looks in a white background.

I've seen GSS keshis made into rings, earrings, bracelets, tin-cup necklaces, even strand necklaces. Ha, basically every type of jewelry!

My golden South Sea keshi necklace. It took more than 10 years to collect enough pearls to match and make this necklace....... (And I drilled each pearl myself!) As far as pricing...........South Sea keshis are currently quite expensive!

Attachments

• IMG_1052.jpeg
    IMG_1052.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
A treasure! Incredible size and matching, truly special.

If you want to see examples of the end product for keshis, try to browse through the thread "Show your pearls in action."

Personally I have a short strand of tiny Akoya keshi that I use for layering or on its own if I want things very simple.
I'll be sure to give it a look. It's nice to see the end products...
My golden South Sea keshi necklace. It took more than 10 years to collect enough pearls to match and make this necklace....... (And I drilled each pearl myself!) As far as pricing...........South Sea keshis are currently quite expensive!
Whoaa they're some beautiful keshis. The 10 years finding matching pieces totally worth it. The result is truly gorgeous.

They are gorgeous, and the shapes are amazing. I wonder how the color looks in a white background.

I've seen GSS keshis made into rings, earrings, bracelets, tin-cup necklaces, even strand necklaces. Ha, basically every type of jewelry!
Here's my attempt grouping them in color and placing them on paper.
1000078614.jpg

1000078613-jpg.470549

1000078612.jpg

Attachments

• 1000078613.jpg
    1000078613.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 198
  • 1000078612.jpg
    1000078612.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
Gorgeous keshi! In all their golden glory!

Hmm, I suppose I can see the novelty but so far we're not trying to produce keshi. They remain byproduct from rejected grafting. But as they're here I suppose I want to know the proper price.
We are not directly addressing this issue, but I assume it would entail bypassing your middleman in Lombok, who obviously prefers that you stick to mainstream production in competition with his other suppliers. You should be able to find alternative outlets for a more evolved production of keshi among the members here. This thread is a good start!

Pearls are always worth what someone else will pay for them.
Some farms sell direct to makers or retailers or to end users. You'd have to spend some time setting up a website and sorting out taking money and shipping stuff. It depends how independent you want to be

They are gorgeous. I'm imagining tin-cups with the keshi at random distances from each other. White or yellow gold chain would work.
Oo... Yeah, that would look nice. I think I've seen similar design in Show Your Pearl thread(?)
Sadly none of us here has experience with jewelry.

We are not directly addressing this issue, but I assume it would entail bypassing your middleman in Lombok, who obviously prefers that you stick to mainstream production in competition with his other suppliers. You should be able to find alternative outlets for a more evolved production of keshi among the members here. This thread is a good start!
Bypassing some middleman in the value chain would be nice. We're in process of increasing the production with goal of eventually joining some pearl auctions. Naturally it would take a while.

For this "evolved production of keshi". I assumed you refer to turning them into jewelry?

Back