Just for fun

I shall give it a good try! Where do we post the results (if I have any lol)?

This is awesome!! My printer's on the fritz, and my squinting only gets me so far on the computer...but I saved it for later. :cool:

Heidi - the tiny print is nearly killing me! I am about ready to admit defeat with the puzzle - perhaps I will wash out as a NCN baroness rather than queen? I'm about 2/3 of the way done: I managed to get 20 of the "across" answers and 16 of the "down", but my base of knowledge does not appear to extend to ancient measuring terminologies or Japanese language pearling vocabulary :( I *really* have other things I should be doing, but I found the puzzle irresistible. Jeremy, perhaps we can start a second thread to post answers in so that those folks who want to see how far they can get can avoid "spoilers" but those of us who want to know the solution have a place to share our results?

The print is a little too small. But if you open the document on your computer you should be able to zoom.

By the way. All of the terms come from the new glossary that is going to accompany the new Web design of pearl-guide next week.

A spoilers thread, LOL.

I think its funny we both started threads today that said "Just for fun" Must be a Friday thing.:D

I got all but 10 so far. Strack (2006)was a big help and so was the internet. I think I even got something out of Kunz (1908)

In order to post answers here we have to type our answers in a list?

Boo I cut and pasted the across and down numbers into Word, then enlarged it to size 12.

I don't know how to make the puzzle itself any bigger. Anyone?

Ah yes, the glossary......

Amrita said:
It seems that 21 across and 28 down should have the same answer - but the number of letters required differs....? :confused:

Not exactly the same. One is 3.75 grams and the other is 3.75 kilograms. The first term can be spelled two different ways but I only chose the most common.

It isn't that bad! 1, 5 and 15 have the answers in the questions;)

There should be a prize ...

Hi Jeremy,

that?s a tough one! It?s so frustrating remembering having seen at least some of the answers but not quite remembering! I?ll give it a try but I don?t think I?ll make it! This takes time and patience!:eek:

Thanks for a really invigorating job for our NCN-brains!:)

Wow am I lucky! I usually try to peek in once a day at work. Yesterday was brutal and I barely had time to breathe. Had I seen this, it would have made me crazy! Coming late to the party, but I'm here.

Back