just for fun...playing dress-up, courtesy of TPO

elisa

My avatar is a photo of Lina Cavalieri, a turn-of-the-century opera diva and world-famous beauty in her day... and she had one darn fine rope of pearls! Paintings, postcards, portraits--she's always draped in the same, magnificent necklace. When The Pearl Outlet ran a special for a 100 inch 6.5mm AA+ white rope, I finally had my chance to indulge in a little game of dress up...:) Now all I need is that stunning pendant on the right!!

Attachments

• lina.collage.jpg
    lina.collage.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 54
Elisa, these pictures look so beautifully nostalgic! The turn-of-the-century is altogether a wonderful period in art, and long ropes from that time are absolutely irresistable. I am really envious to you!

Looking forward to get more photos of your new treasure!

Olga

Elisa - your long long rope looks unbelievable! Can we see some more photos sometime of how you like to wear it?

Thanks - and the old photos are gorgeous - I had been wondering about your avatar..

OH that rope! Looks gorgeous on you! I love the photos of Lina Cavalieri--love pearls worn this way. I'm big on that period--literature, art.

Would love to see more photos of how you wear your rope. I've been wanting to make a rope, and I'm unsure about what size pearl and length.

Hi Elisa,
That rope looks fabulous on you - and thanks for the photos. of Lina.
Both ropes are exquisitely modelled.
(Sigh) I'd give more than a few of my pearls for a figure like that.....:)

YES!!! Perfection!!! It is a wonderful show of wearing pearls with casual abandonment, a very young and now look, and yet, in reality, truly ageless!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Elisa, the photo is stunning. That's you in the bottom left of the collage correct? Can I use the photo on our site?

Elisa - I've got a great idea!! Ask Terry to make you a pendant in return for modelling for him on his website - he will sell soooo many pearls (especially long ropes) with that photo!

Uh oh, Terry...Nerida is giving me ideas! pictures for pearls...hmm... i do need a pendant... :) Yes, that's me in the lower left, and yes, I am up for becoming a TPO spokesmodel. if you need a non-collaged copy, drop me a line.

Below are some photos of me in less scandalous attire; it's hard to get those little pearls in focus, but hopefully y'all get the idea of what one can do with 100 inches of pearls (besides prance around pretending to be a 1900s diva).

Attachments

• o14E (2).jpg
    o14E (2).jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 65
  • o155 (2).jpg
    o155 (2).jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 70
  • o15A (2).jpg
    o15A (2).jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 61
Go on Terry - sign her up! You wouldn't ever get a better advertisement than these photos!

OK, I have got to go play with my 100 inch rope of lavenders. You are inspiring!

Elisa, your pearls and pictures are beautiful. The strand looks elegant on you.

Lina's style is certainly your style, and so much more! Thanks for the charming photographs. We will all be buying 100" ropes... ;)

Goodness! That endless thing should be illegal :p

Anyone care to guess what Lina's treasure might be worth? What a treasure... Must have been as famous as the owner back in the day.

Her pendant appears to have been made of some stones circled with unusually large (for this application) pearls. Reminds me a bit of the designs with pearl trims at Kojimapearls :rolleyes: Only rings built like that are now listed, but I think there was at least one pendant (with black round keshi edge) posted somewhere.

Elisa,

Your elegant photos brought fresh air to the forum. You are a perfect model for pearls.

Wowee Elisa,
Those latest photos. leave me speechless - except to say that it's gorgeous on you.
I'm a huge fan of ropes; I join anything and everything that I can get away with to acheive the look.
But maybe I should treat myself to one long rope anyway......:D

That's really, really nice, Terry....( pearls ain't bad, either :D )
Seriously, it's good to see the pearls on a model.

Back