Jewelry design

NO.

When I was pregnant with my youngest, I compulsively did a peyote necklace about Matinee length. It was so difficult to get it right. I passed the thread through twice, once to add a bead and the second time to add another bead one row lower. Top and bottom rows can have 3 pass throughs with the thread to finish them.

I did a little research on tubular peyote stitch. All the explanations were too difficult to understand. This stitch is traditionally learned as hands on, being shown by an expert and copying their moves.

If you want 24 beads in diameter. String on all 24 beads (this is your first and second row too. For the third row add a bead to the thread and then through the first bead of the first row. Add a bead and go through the 3rd bead. Continue on adding beads and picking up every other bead to make row 2 until you finish the round. You will now have first and third row aligned with the second row going in between. It comes out as the brick pattern.

Everything except the necklace is Lorenz Baumer. The necklace is Stephen Webster. I'll edit the original post to add links.

The Lorenz Baumer pieces were under Collections->Pour Elle. The birds are in the Jardinier section.

The birds are my favorite, too!!! Good thing they weren't for sale! I have a moluccan cockatoo at home so the shimmerly, off-white, peachy look of pearls matches my little guy!

how extraordinary

You have such a good eye for beautiful things Nora

thanks for sharing them...... :)

(love the B&W picture of JK at the very bottom)

Thank you Pattye and Alex. Here is a close up of the earring. Note the quality of the pearls.

BlackPearlsSmall

The piece is 42 mm. in diameter.

Wow!!! Nora,

Beautiful!!! Caitlin,

Such wonderful designs!!!! I am in awe of the talent here!

Ash

Caitlin,

The Peyote stitch, is one that disagrees with me often. So easy to make a mistake and not the easiest to perfect. On the other hand, It is a really pretty beading stitch!

Perlas,

Good luck! with this project! Please post photos when you are done I am sure it will be very pretty.

Cheers
Ash

Nora,

Thank you for the link & the Photo! I really like this piece! The design is elegant and to me tells part of a story! The pearl itself has a fabulous personality of strength & independence and is on a trek to see the world beyond the waves. While those ocean waves are "reaching & grabbing" the wayward pearl to take it home back to the water and safety.

Sometimes pieces "speak to me" and the imagination takes it from there.

Thanks again Nora!

Cheers

LOVE that they chose a baroque pearl for this! Would love to see in person. Remarkably fine pave, my favorite application for diamonds if one chooses diamonds. Congratulations on the award!

Nora, meant to comment on the fabulous earring earlier. The spiral design is wonderful, and the baroque pearls give the look of antiquity. It's my personal feeling that pearls with differences in shape,
color, size when tastefully done, engage the eye of the observer to examine a piece longer at a subliminal level.

Last edited:
Ash and Pattye,
I couldn't agree more.

love the narrative Ash

every pearl has a 'story' to tell, I am sure :)

Back