icomepacks on eBay?

I have some greys that are dyed, but the natural greys I have are indeed amazingly beautiful, and indeed, blend back with the pink lavenders beautifully, being a variant of the lavendar as raison points out.

It's no surprise that we're a bunch of lavender enthusiasts here! ;)

Pearl Police Report:

Icomepacks on ebay had over 60 listings titled South Sea shell pearls. Nowhere did they say faux, imitation, man-made or anything like that. I reported a couple to ebay yesterday, and advised there were many more similar listings. Today those listings appear to be out for revision, a few listings now say shell beads. So perhaps ebay is listening??

I had a quick look this morning, and came across a term I havent seen before. What do you think they mean by "reborn"?

The kind of "keshi" that result from the mussel being returned to the water after removing the first harvested pearl, but not replacing the implant. The deflated sac results in a cornflake or petal shaped cultured pearl. ;)

I think a lot of ebay sellers from China think that by using the term "south sea shell pearls" they are conveying that they are not real. But most people don't know the difference. However, they often use grading like AAA or AAA+ (etc.) when describing south sea shell pearls, which makes no sense since they aren't pearls at all. I remember reading negative feedback on one of the vendors that stated the pearls weren't real (shell pearls) and the seller's response was that everybody knows shell pearls aren't real.

On a similar note, I notified ebay of a vendor selling poor quality freshwater pearls (in peach, pink, lavender) as akoya pearls. Every freshwater pearl on their site was listed as akoya. Kate

Back