How often do you wear pearls?

Thanks Josh, for that 'visual'...

I wear them every day, always pearl studs, sometimes with drops added, and I wear an endless CFW strand wrapped on my wrist. I love pearls, I love pearl bracelets, I love pearls...

I used to wear an old strand of akoya. I wore them almost everyday for 10 years and they wore out, then the internal beads cracked when I tried to restore the white color with too hot water (sob, but they were worn to a nub by then anyway).

Last edited:
hey lisa! how are you? josh, still waiting for that photo without the fish in the way - you know - so we can see your pearl choker better ;) (please apologize to your wife for me ...... i showed my boyfriend that photo - he said "ah, THAT'S why you're always on that website!" lol)

i wear something every day too (sleep in it, shower etc - only take them off if i dye my hair)...... they're all pretty cheap so i don't care if i ruin them...... once i get my tahitian "keeper" strand i'll be a lot more careful with them.......

- jodie =

hey lisa! how are you? josh, still waiting for that photo without the fish in the way - you know - so we can see your pearl choker better ;) (please apologize to your wife for me ...... i showed my boyfriend that photo - he said "ah, THAT'S why you're always on that website!" lol)
- jodie =

Jodie! Have a heart! You are embarresing the poor boy so he'll never put up another photo... :D

- Karin

Here is an idea. The fire fighters around here put out a calendar every year to raise money. Maybe our pearl farmers could put out a calendar of their own. Besides fish for props they could use nets, shells.... Well, they are a very creative bunch :)

Thank you, Marianne, I just knew you would suggest that! (& put me on the order list....)

And, in contrast to the glamour of Josh's pearl usage, I wear my SS baroques to water the horses, unload hay, burn branches in a bonfire, and hack away at the beaver dam blocking the drainage ditch. Compared to that, the shower and the sea seem glam - but maybe not so much the lava pit. If I don't wear them for my mundane tasks, how can I convince myself I need more?

Someday I'd like to take them to the opera. Say, maybe, the entire Ring Of The Niebelung, just to make up for their usual rural existence.

Dragged this out of the archives.

My answer: All the time (even in the shower, ocean, lava pits, outer space, where ever)!

Am I missing something or am I being quite dense here? I can't seem to see any visual ...

My answer to the question: Every day! Here are erhm... some... of my everyday go-to's. And my pearls come off the minute I get home; I learned the hard way. When my girls were little, one nearly ripped my earlobe off tugging on one of my earrings.

Attachments

• 1664675 t
    1664675 t
    2.9 KB · Views: 65
Ah, Adeline, a great way to store all those pretty earrings so you can find the pair you want, plus proof you DO have a pair for every day of the month, or is it every day of the year??!!

Marianne, Yes! A calendar would be quite something!

Narcissa, You look gorgeous in the goldens, and hurrah for wearing them everywhere, every day!

Lately I am reaching for pendants; these are on long, sturdy, sterling chains. Usually worn with simple hoop earrings (no pearls).

First, a huge, gorgeous, glowing Kamoka Pearl!!! Near round 15.4mm approx with very
light ring, tons of "Character" and 14k bail!! Lavender halo, with blues, silver, green~my photo doesn't do justice! Josh's farm produces a wide range of colors, including spectacular silvers! Great with winter's sweaters.

Kamoka pearl shown again in the 2nd photo, with a creamy CFWP drop approx 21mm x 11.7mm.

IMGP3792.jpgIMGP3793.jpg

adeline - love them all but those hoops are FAB! don't think i've seen any with pearls before (just diamonds)........

- jodie -

Pattye - what a pearl........ just beautiful - I kept going back to look again

Last edited:
Pattye I seem to be having major pearl envy over your new beauty.

Back