Help me choose from this selection

I just need to add one thing about going to see pearls in person (if you don't intend to buy them at the B&M store): the SIZE. Even with drawing myself little diagrams the get an idea of how big say 6mm and 8mm is, I have still been surprised by how small the pearls look when I received them sometimes. When you see the photos blown up so huge on screen, then you get them in person, sometimes it can be disappointing.....

- Jodie -

Pattye and Jodie, Thanks! That's exactly what I was wondering, because I get retail sticker shock at B&Ms and malls, and get very depressed. Therefore, I avoid them. Love you guys!

Thanks Jodie I have drawn a few circles to see size, I am glad I did or I would have been disappointed however it seems I am getting the biggest I can for the money and quality huge tahitian seem to be very exxy indeed

I realized Pattye already mentioned size..... sorry....... didn't mean to sound like a "know-it-all"!

You're good! Don't worry, you added a different spin to it, also valuable.

Here's another suggestion, ask if you can have the strands sent to you (if they're coming from the same vendor) and return the ones you don't want. I have had vendors that I never met do that. You have to be willing to foot the shipping, and put them on your card momentarily, but it might be worth it. If not, then make sure there is a return policy on whatever you buy.

size is 8.7 to 11.6.

As I am in Australia I think getting strands sent to me will end up being to costly

Pattye and Jodie, Thanks! That's exactly what I was wondering, because I get retail sticker shock at B&Ms and malls, and get very depressed. Therefore, I avoid them. Love you guys!

Works opporsite for me - I love that I know I can get the good stuff for a fraction of the price :eek: This is especially true for Denmark, where the sales tax is 25%. And yes, the pondslimes and big, white klonks in my album are up for graps. I sold 15 of each to a friend but otherwise I am looking to recycle, also the original Tahitians - only problem could be that I am based in Europe. Put pm me if anyone is interested.

Penny, I have found size not to be an issue with the Tahitians. My lovelies are less than 10 mm but I feel they stand out because of the colour. Can't wait to see more pictures of your new favorites. A thought, it probably won't cost you that much more to include two extra pearls for matching earrings, but it could make your life very difficult trying to find a matching pair later - if you are into earrings.

- Karin

A thought, it probably won't cost you that much more to include two extra pearls for matching earrings, but it could make your life very difficult trying to find a matching pair later - if you are into earrings.

- Karin

Oooh - good point - damn, never thought of that on the strand I just got.......

- Jodie -

Oooh - good point - damn, never thought of that on the strand I just got.......

- Jodie -

But it is quite possible to have a great excuse for spending hours more looking at pearls to find the missing, matching pairs :rolleyes:

- Karin

A little note on size and luster - they collude to create a bigger effect in drop pearls than you might otherwise guess. That's the power of seeing pearls in person and trying them on, since the "math" isn't necessarily meaningful unless you have tangible examples. Also: The middle photograph of a strand that you show above would make a scrumptious necklace. :)

I have sent of a question about the matching earrings but I fear it may be out of my budget the strand I am leaning towards is at the upper end as it is. Will keep you posted.

Ok the earrings are gorgeous but $230 so out of my price range. They did say I can match them in the future. Now I want them............

Drum roll..........

I chose my strand. I doubt it was ever in question I spent about 2 hours looking at about 60 strands this morning. I kept coming back to this one

http://www.pearlparadise.com/18inch-AAA-87-to-116-mm-Drop-Tahitian-Pearl-Necklace3862.aspx

Thank you so much everyone. I will show you neck and other shots as soon as I open the gift (not allowed to open it til Nov 12 which is our anniversary)

You have all been so kind and a tremendous help xx

Lovely strand, definitely would have been my choice too. I'm sure you'll enjoy it immensely.

Congratulations for your anniversary.

Try some on before you decide, especially the SS. I love them, but I can't wear them, or rather, there's not much point in me wearing them.

Because your hair and skin are kind of golden, so the GSS don't stand out?

Hey, which one was it? I can't open the picture, it says there's an error in the server"/" message?

Ok the earrings are gorgeous but $230 so out of my price range. They did say I can match them in the future. Now I want them............

Ups! Sorry! :eek:

I also cannot open the link. I think it might be because the strand is sold :( I was so curious! You'll just have to show us later. You are going to enjoy them so much with the time and effort you have spent choosing. Congratulations!

- Karin

Back