Giant Edison Pearls are Here

Hmmmmm….I could certainly see the attraction for a pendant…or perhaps a giant octopus head! Curious, Jeremy, since you cut one in half - is the nucleus in fact plastic?
I just received the photos, so didn't get a chance to examine them in person.

I responded and asked what the bead was composed of. He responded the nucleus was a pearl powder synthesis. It sounds like he is describing a sort of reconstituted nucleus made from shell. If that's the case, it would explain the weight and it would mean they aren't plastic.

I asked for more info or a link to something online. I haven't heard of any new reconstituted nuclei technology.

Very likely MOP powder and a resin (plastic-based) so it would not be considered 100% plastic.

Why not?
All things considered: it could happen!

I just received the photos, so didn't get a chance to examine them in person.

I responded and asked what the bead was composed of. He responded the nucleus was a pearl powder synthesis. It sounds like he is describing a sort of reconstituted nucleus made from shell. If that's the case, it would explain the weight and it would mean they aren't plastic.

I asked for more info or a link to something online. I haven't heard of any new reconstituted nuclei technology.
I'll try to get some more details from my farmer friend when I get on a call with him.

Plastic beads.
Very interesting information!
Any idea on the production volume of these?
Hi Sir
My close Friend Professor Shaoho Chek has been researching cultivating of big size up 15-20mm with his teammates for 3 decades.But he is loyal to oyster never use plastic bead or glass bead to replace freshwater oyster shell nucleus so as not pursue anti-animal benefits.We stick to sustainable and friendly ecosystem.
We can collect more big size freshwater pearls with thick nacre, and bright lustre and clean surface round freshwater pearls according to market demand.

Back