Galatea's #NFC Pearl Give Jewelry a Voice

B_Moss

Those of you who know Chi Huynh at Galatea will be delighted by his newest (patent-pending) creation. The NFC-empowered Momento Pearl? is the first cultured pearl to contain near field communication technology, allowing a user to create a tailored voice message that can be played when the pearl is tapped against a compatible mobile device. Taking smart jewelry to a completely new, emotional level, the patent-pending Momento Pearl (U.S. Patent No. 14/517.827 and Trademark 86/434,536) can also store a variety of digital content including images, messages and videos.

Galatea gives Momento jewelry its voice by implanting an NFC chip deep inside the pearl. The tiny computer runs without a battery by induction energy. When the Galatea app is downloaded, the user records a message or uploads an audio file. By tapping the pearl against an NFC-enabled mobile device, the audio is played and other digital material displayed. From words of love and encouragement to wedding vows and Biblical passages, the emotional connections the Momento Pearl can make are truly endless.

Here's a link to a short video that I think you'll enjoy!

Attachments

• Galatea_Momento_Pearl.jpg
    Galatea_Momento_Pearl.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 60
I know what my husband is going to record: "just remember who bought you this and stop calling me cheapskate." ;)

Wow! Truly amazing!
Not sure I'll mention this to my husband either, I might not get the message I was hoping for!

The technology is interesting, but I do not find this appealing, personally.

Thanks Katbran.
My Eli (also a grumpy old male) was also thinking it might be a good idea to record a pdf of the jewelry store's receipt ;)

LOL! Eli is too funny for his own good. Why stop at jewelry? I expect to have one on my gravestone that says "But I had the right-of-way!". :)

Not to negate his creativity, which is boundless, or his jewelry, which is spectacular. I'm with BAS on the concept, interesting, but not for me. :)

Hmmmm, along with being a telephone, video viewer, flashlight, alarm clock, calculator, photo album, etc, etc, my smartphone already does this. With a few taps, I can bring up a recorded message from my dear daughter saying, "Hi Mom, I love you, Happy Mother's Day", from 2010, which is priceless to me.

The only drawback is that my phone does not look like a pearl. So, I guess I will continue to wear my beautiful, but not so smart, pearl jewelry.

I think they're fantastic.

I'm pretty sure next Mother's Day I'll be getting my mother a necklace with one pearl for each grandchild, with each one's voice/video or picture on 'their' pearl...

Aside from looking pretty it can also be use for spying. When i first read this post i thought lapel pins (from another post) plus this pearly recorder equals James Bond.

Back