Fuzzy knots

beck83

Community member
Hi everyone,
It's been a little bit of time since I've been on here. I'm now using serafil and still getting fuzzy knots. Is this because I'm using 4 threads and the knots are bigger, or this this just wear and tear if you wear your bracelet every day for a couple of months? I'm kind of at my wit's end.
Beck

Fuzzy knotsFuzzy knotsFuzzy knotsFuzzy knots

Hi Beck, I think it's more of normal wear and tear. I suppose the drill hole's edge is causing friction with the thread, leading to fiber breakage over time. While on large knots this might be more noticeable, smaller knots tend to develop a fuzzy appearance over time, too. With that said, your knots look pretty neat to me.

Happy Sunday!

Those knots are a lot less fuzzy than the ones in the photos you posted on your original thread. Barely any fuzz, and I would say that is normal wear and tear.

I'd say, "Focus more on the pearls and less on the knots", but you may just be more sensitive to the appearance of the knots than other people.

Here is an idea. Figure out how long it takes until the knots become unacceptably fuzzy to you, then write it on your calendar to restring regularly after that interval. Every 6 months, or every 8 months or whatever. And then ignore the knots until the calendar says it's time to restring. It's a bit of a mind trick but it may work.

Those knots are a lot less fuzzy than the ones in the photos you posted on your original thread. Barely any fuzz, and I would say that is normal wear and tear.

I'd say, "Focus more on the pearls and less on the knots", but you may just be more sensitive to the appearance of the knots than other people.

Here is an idea. Figure out how long it takes until the knots become unacceptably fuzzy to you, then write it on your calendar to restring regularly after that interval. Every 6 months, or every 8 months or whatever. And then ignore the knots until the calendar says it's time to restring. It's a bit of a mind trick but it may work.
Thank you Pearl Dreams. I think you may be right and it's my anxiety disorder occuring. I think that was about 2 months worth of wear. And I wore them pretty heavily. I'll try and give 6 months a go and not focus on them so much. Thank you for your kindness 💖

Hi Beck, I think it's more of normal wear and tear. I suppose the drill hole's edge is causing friction with the thread, leading to fiber breakage over time. While on large knots this might be more noticeable, smaller knots tend to develop a fuzzy appearance over time, too. With that said, your knots look pretty neat to me.

Happy Sunday!
Thank you 😊

Back