Finding the perfect gift for my girlfriend

vinny

Hi guys, glad I found this forum! My girlfriends birthday is coming up and I'm hoping to buy her something special - have found the 'perfect' necklace for $389 I thought it'd be best to try get some opinions here. Personally I think she would love it but at the end of the day I don't want to be ripped off as I'm sure all would agree so what would be your taken on the quality here?

http://www.thepearlsource.com/_38_collection_1289.htm

Thanks very much :D

We have several threads that mention pearlsource. You might search for them within this site. One thing I know is they do not sell the necklace in the photo. It is a stock photo that has been up as long as the item has been for sale. That is enough to make me want to check them out with other buyers......
They get mixed reviews- some good. read this thread, it has both thumbs up and down. https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5203&highlight=pearlsource

Keep in mind they have AAAA grading system, which means their top pearls are graded AAAA. Most sellers use AAA grading system. For that $349 pendant you should expect 15% to 20% with minor blemishing according to their website. Look at pearl grading under Education on the left side of the page http://www.thepearlsource.com/about-south-sea-pearls.php

I have not bought from them. I believe Lillyfuzzysocks bought from them and was happy with her purchase. Maybe someone else who has bought from them will chime in. Good luck.

Echoing sort of what Caitlin said...the image you referenced is actually a bad PhotoShop job. When you zoom in, you can actually see where the 'cut and pasted' the pearl to the pendant. You can also see where they missed erasing a few image edges.

Also keep in mind, that a "0.06 carat diamond" is only 0.012 grams...which is a really really really small stone. Given the incredibly small size of the diamond and the fact that the chain is silver...is it really worth almost $400?

Thanks for the replies! I see what you mean, its a shame though - seemed like a really nice necklace. Is there a list of online shops that sell internationally available on here, one's that has a better reputation?

Thanks again.

Now that you say that, David, I remember I thought the connection between the fitting and the pearl looked off. Maybe a good quality South Sea pearl with no bling would be a better way to spend the money. I wonder what you can get for less than $400? I think I'll take a quick look.

This one features a beautiful pearl- $473. All the money is in the pearl, and you will get the one in the photo. They also have a ringed drop shape one for $278.

I doubt you will get a flawless pearl from the pearl source- they don't even promise it! Even though that is what the photo shows.

I found this one where you can pick the quality and the size of the Pearl. I personally like this guy's Tahitian pearls, but these also seem reasonable.

I like the setting at pearlsource but after reading about them...Dicey.

At Pearl Paradise I like their blossom setting the best of anything I've seen in quite a while. Sorry I don't know how to post links. Brain-hiccup-itis.

Back