Exotics!!!

Welcome to you both Long Islanders on our international forum!

And yes, in my opinion also Freshwater Exotics are the most beautiful amongst strands with perhaps only the Sea of Cortez Pearls their superior!

Hi Pearl Angel and Jerin,
Thanks for the welcome. I have had alot of post to read, and catch up on. Pearl Angel I will check out the book written by Jeremy. I enjoyed his dvd so much.
Jerin Noticed your from Sweden, Isn't the computer something? We can enjoy talking about pearls with others from different countries, or in our own back yard like with Pearl Angel. Just looking at the photo of the exotic pearls, makes my knees weak. I will also take a look at cortez pearls, I have never seen a photo of a Cortez pearl.
Have a great day, and thanks again for the welcome;)

Hi jerin and pearlie Thank you for the welcome!
Perlie ,you will enjoy the PP book link I sent you.
jerlin, I am also part Swedish, fraternal side. How nice to meet you. Now, I will definitely look into the Sea of Cortez Pearls, as you feel they are tad bit more exceptional than freshwater exotics!
I am looking forward to chatting with you. :) I haven't been to Sweden but my sister has and loved the country.

We made a strand and a couple of pairs. This one is going to be cut up, though. We are going to go just a bit thicker on the silk.

Jeremy, you have re-awakened my pearl lust, which has been dormant for at least a week or two. I had a birthday last week, and my dear husband, bless his little heart, gave me a jar of bath salts.

Needless to say, I'm feeling the need to splurge...

Sheri

Jeremy, you have re-awakened my pearl lust, which has been dormant for at least a week or two. I had a birthday last week, and my dear husband, bless his little heart, gave me a jar of bath salts.

Sheri

Get this woman some pearls. STAT! :)

Sheri

Are you sure it wasn't a jar of pearl salt? :D

Hi Pearl Angel,
yes, we are at least 2 members from Sweden, Mervione is the other one. There are several pics of pearls from the Sea of Cortez, look up the threads on pearl farming, industry and so on. And if you have any questions about Sweden feel free to PM me.

I hope to hear from you and Pearlie what you think about Sea of Cortez Pearls. But of course I will be a loyal collector of the Exotics as they really are the next best you can get for a very reasonable sum if you compare to South Sea prices.:):p:)

Jeremy, any news on the exotics? Sorry for nagging on you but I think we all are wondering!

Any more pictures, anything...? They don't have to be professionally taken, just anything is fine.

The first samples should be here in a couple of weeks and if we are happy with them, they are going to sort out as many as possible over the next two months.

Let's see if Jeremy has any updated information. Meanwhile, post #39, dated 8/20/2009, said it will be approximately 2 months.

Hi jerin
So nice to hear from you. Wow! Are you and Mervione also neighbors in Sweden? I took your advice and looked up the Cortez pearls. I also viewed the additional pics from the Cortez 2008 harvest. The colors are just amazing! Although a novice when it comes to pearls, I do think the Exotics look just as amazing and are a great find for the price!

I am quickly becoming addicted to the Exotics along with my friend Pearlie! We have such fun when we receive our pearls! I have lovely Exotic 11.5 mm earrings.I had blind spots after staring at my Exotics in the sun for too long! :p Just love how the colors do change in different lighting and dress. I feel as though I own rare gems, which I do with my Exotics, they are so precious to me.

Jewelers on Long Island are shocked when they see them. Pearli and I never give them our secret.
I was lucky enough to find pearl threads that gave me good advice and guidance. I never had pearls until last year. I am so thankful that I had never purchased pearls from large department stores. Guess I started and will stay with the best! My interest of course is growing as I learn so much from the Pearl Guide and books.

I will PM you after a few errands. Thank you so much for inviting me.
:):p:):D:)

Pattye
If we gave out our secret we would have all of the LI jewelers doing strange things. Glad you found it LOL.
PS: Your pic of your pearls are beautiful. Looking to see if you were from LI:):eek::eek::D:)

Hi Everyone, and Hello to Pearl Angel
YES Pearl Angel We have all the jewelers on Long Island Gasping when we walk into their stores.... THey want to know all about our exotic earrings, and it is always our little secret. When we POP those little babies into our ears our face Glows, and lights up a room. No wonder they want to know we we got them from. But secrets are meant to be Kept.....
I have been collecting pearls for a few years, but the quaity I have recieved from Jeremy well lets just say I am now spoiled 4 ever. When I go to the jewelry stores now, I am always thankful for the pearls I have, and was lucky enought to be able to purchase.
As I said in an earlier post, I think that this forum is so filled with great info, and I enjoy looking at everyones pictures of their beautiful pearls.

Hi to all the PG's.
I hope many on the PG have been lucky enough to meet up with others from the forums that may live in your local neighborhoods. Pearlie and I do have a blast I must admit! :) We have a dream, to meet Jeremy, see the PP vault, and lunch with his wonderful team. I found the PG to be the ultimate encyclopedia of pearls at your fingertips. The scope of the guide is a lot to digest. I would never have hoped to own such beautiful pearls but for Jeremy's gentle soul. I am spoiled from day one. I hope to collect all the colors of Exotics. I had read a while back they had ones that had a yellow luster?

Living and working on the east coast of the USA, I do miss a lot. I am sure anyone residing in other parts of the world also experiences the same issues. My company is very strict about using their computers and they track you down. :eek:

Cortez pearls are amazing in color. I have read about Josh, SS and Tahitian pearls. Out of my reach today, but who knows what tomorrow may bring.

I would like to add that Catlin's posts are great. I love her pictures. I also just noticed that she is the administrator of the site. Wonderful job Catlin, and wish you continued success on the growth of the PG.

First of all I just have to say that the exotic pearls from PP are beyond gorgeous!!!!!

Hi Pearl Angel,
yes, we are at least 2 members from Sweden, Mervione is the other one. There are several pics of pearls from the Sea of Cortez, look up the threads on pearl farming, industry and so on. And if you have any questions about Sweden feel free to PM me.

I hope to hear from you and Pearlie what you think about Sea of Cortez Pearls. But of course I will be a loyal collector of the Exotics as they really are the next best you can get for a very reasonable sum if you compare to South Sea prices.:):p:)

I am new to this forum but I am also from Sweden!

Hi,
Well I took a look at the cortez pearls and all I can say is "Beautiful Pearls" WOW I never heard of them before, until they were mentioned here on the forum.As far as the exotics, and I think once you own a strand you will be spoiled 4 ever.
I also am madly in love with my blue akoya's.... they are one of my favorite strands, and find I wear them most of all.

Back