Exotics

Great designs! The one with the enhancer has some very nice pearls in it, and the elephant is very cute. I like the pendants too. You have so many ways to wear them now :)

Hi Jerin,
I love your necklaces and pendants, especially the left pendant. I ordered the Pearl and Beading book by Henrietta. I will be on my way to stringing and hopefully making pendants like yours.

Is the necklace with the elephant different from the one in the snow with green enhancer?

Hi Hanaleimon,
The difference is only that the elephant opens in front and was not photographed in the snow, lol. And perhaps I should add that I mixed these 2 necklaces with pearls from 2 different strands (I took the larger ones for the "elephant" and the smaller ones for the necklace with the green "drop", which in turn came from one of my oval strands.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
So the elephant is the clasp? How does it open? Does the head separate from the body? (And may I ask where you got it?)

Hi Hanaleimon,
The difference is only that the elephant opens in front and was not photographed in the snow, lol. And perhaps I should add that I mixed these 2 necklaces with pearls from 2 different strands (I took the larger ones for the "elephant" and the smaller ones for the necklace with the green "drop", who in turn came from one of my oval strands.:)

LOL. I wasn't sure if they were the same necklace. But now I looked at it closer, the pearl colors are a little different and the green drop has yellow gold, so you wouldn't use that on a necklace with a white clasp. Silly me.

Here is a general question about the pendant: the headpin that you used to cover the bottom drillhole...you threaded it through the pearl and then wrapped it above the top drillhole to connect to the jump ring. Is that how it's done? I don't see the pins being offered in 14K. Do they make them in 14K? What about the pin used by PP (for example to cover bottom drill hole and hooked it to the dangle earrings, are they real gold?

Thanks.

Hanaleimom,

Head pins made of 14K gold are available through Rio Grande and other suppliers. Undoubtedly that is what PP is using-- they wouldn't be using gold filled.

So the elephant is the clasp? How does it open? Does the head separate from the body? (And may I ask where you got it?)

Hi again,

You open the elephant from above, i.e. the whole body plus head opens and inside there are 3 hooks, the left and the right hold the silverconnection towards the pearls and the middle-hook closes the body shut. Once opened, I can choose to "unhook" either the left or the right side of the necklace. I hope You do understand how this pendant works.

I got it from a local jewelry store over here. These types of clasps are not cheap, unfortunately, I think I paid more than 100 dollars, but it is worth it....:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. I wasn't sure if they were the same necklace. But now I looked at it closer, the pearl colors are a little different and the green drop has yellow gold, so you wouldn't use that on a necklace with a white clasp. Silly me.

Here is a general question about the pendant: the headpin that you used to cover the bottom drillhole...you threaded it through the pearl and then wrapped it above the top drillhole to connect to the jump ring. Is that how it's done? I don't see the pins being offered in 14K. Do they make them in 14K? What about the pin used by PP (for example to cover bottom drill hole and hooked it to the dangle earrings, are they real gold?

Thanks.

Hanaleimon, you are quite right: Pin through pearl, make the loop, wrap it and put it into the opened enhancer, which then is closed and there it hangs.... If no enhancer, take a jumpring and put that one into the chain...:) My pins are probably only gold coloured or gold plated because as a private person I can?t shop at Rio Grandes - they want only professionals, lol....

Hanaleimon, you are quite right: Pin through pearl, make the loop, wrap it and put it into the opened enhancer, which then is closed and there it hangs.... If no enhancer, take a jumpring and put that one into the chain...:) My pins are probably only gold coloured or gold plated because as a private person I can?t shop at Rio Grandes - they want only professionals, lol....

Jerin,
That's not true about Rio Grande. The reason for not being able to register online is that you have to order above $100 from them, and then they send you catalog...or something like that. That's what I was told yesterday. You just have to call them. Since you are in Sweden, maybe just email them and get a customer number. I called them yesterday. The representative stayed online to help me set up my account (she assigned me a customer number first in order to register); and I am on my way. They are sending me the catalogs for free too. I don't have a license. I specifically told the rep. that I am ordering as a hobbyist, not as a sale professional. I hope this helps. Regards.

Cathy

Last edited:
If anyone missed the exotics (rounds) during the frenzy, drop me a line. We were able to put just a few more together. Too few to do any sort of offering, but a few none the less. I would like to reserve them for the PGers who missed out, however.

Jerin,
That's not true about Rio Grande. The reason for not being able to register online is that you have to order above $100 from them, and then they send you catalog...or something like that. That's what I was told yesterday. You just have to call them. Since you are in Sweden, maybe just email them and get a customer number. I called them yesterday. The representative stayed online to help me set up my account (she assigned me a customer number first in order to register); and I am on my way. They are sending me the catalogs for free too. I don't have a license. I specifically told the rep. that I am ordering as a hobbyist, not as a sale professional. I hope this helps. Regards.

Cathy

thanks Cathy, when I tried my luck with them last year, it was not this reply I got. However, when ordering next time, I will do it your way, the 100 dollars minimum are no problem, normally my orders get much higher than that,:p

Hi everyone!
I got my exotics from Jeremy's second offering today. Wow. Love them. The 5-6mm are gem quality with sharp metallic surface and very noticable coloration. 7-8mm beautiful softer warmer colors... beautiful. The earrings are 8mm FEE340-1. I can't describe the color. goldy, pink lavender but changes!. I love them all!!. Have to post some pics
I'm so happy to have them as I was drooling over all the photos here :D

Big big thank you to Mia and Jeremy!

top photo5-6mm and 7-8mm and earrings
middle photo 5-6mm
bottom photo both strands of 7-8mm

Attachments

• 5-6 and 7-8 exotics and earrings.jpg
    5-6 and 7-8 exotics and earrings.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 5-6 exotics.jpg
    5-6 exotics.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 76
  • both7-8mm exotics.jpg
    both7-8mm exotics.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Lovely, lovely strands. I'm glad you were able to get in on the exotic bandwagon the second time around.
John

Those sure are pretty! I like the both necklaces but there is something about the color in the softer colored one that I find especially attractive. I love the earrings too.

Hi Robinmce,

beautiful photos of even more beautiful pearls. I adore the colour of the earrings!:)

thank you all.
I'm obsessed with these pearls....have them coiled up in the lid of the case so I can watch them change colors on me!! The only problem with necklaces is I can't see them when I'm wearing them. I'm amazed how taken as a whole the 7-8mm have a warm glow.............but when you look one by one there is an amazing variation in color there.......and the orient and luster and ......
WOW.

Back