educate me about keishi's please

Kelly

Hi again:

Well now a lot of you know that I have a hankering for keishi's and baroques - I so appreciate all of the advice...

I find that my interests are settling with non-nucleated pearls, which is why I am attracted to keishi's/keshi's. Some of you were kind enough to let me know that fw's will be more affordable than ss and tahitians (makes sense). Is there such a thing as a fw white, or cream keishi or baroque that has not been bleached? I've seen that plenty of both of them can be the natural color, but how about bleaching? Are the akoya, ss and tahitian keishi's bleached too?

What kinds of pearls are non-nucleated for baroques? Fw's?

Thanks, Kelly

First of all... YUM! Congratulations on your good taste! My personal favorites too. I cant go past the idea of a shape created by nature, (even though there is minimal intervention by man) that is nacre all the way through. It doesnt help, that my first introduction was by way of a $20,000 strand my mother in law bought...Ah well, good to have lofty goals I think.
The experts here will be able to answer your availability questions, I will stand on the sidelines, waiting, (not very patiently) for pics.

Holy doodle, $20,000? I know pearls can go much higher than that, but not in my world you understand. Well my wallet is pretty slim, but I don't think that means I can't have nice pearls from what I understand. From beading I've learned that you don't necessarily have to spend a whole lot to have nice jewellery. However if I DID win the lottery, I'd be first in line hiring a diver to look for that lost line of tahitian oysters...

Back