Diamond Huggies With Interchangeable Pearl Drops

dkan 168

I searched for a long time for the right pair of diamond huggies that are just long enough to hug my big fat earlobes without jutting out to make my already wide face look even wider, and found these when I visited LA's Diamond District during my Ruckus trip recently.

0.38cttw, 8 diamonds in each, and I made some pearl drops to wear with them. I can wear them with glasses when I am casual mode needing a hint of bling.

Pictured is a pair of 10mm lavender drops from Wen Pearls (I bought a few cheapo items from her as a try out, some misses, however, mostly good). Can't wear larger ones or they would not sit properly as they would touch my face.

Would love a pair of metallic tear drop CFWP (the ones I have are not good quality, however, they would do for now), and I have asked Hisano to look out for a pair for me (PP did not have a pair that suit when I visited them in August).

I now need some more non-pearl pendant to wear with the pearl drops, as I found I did not like wearing dangling pearls with a pearl pendant or a strand (personal preference I know). Studs are fine as long as they are in different colour and/or type.

DiamondHuggiesWithPearlDrop_01.jpgDiamondHuggiesWithPearlDrop_02.jpg
HuggiesWithDrops.jpg

DK :)

DK you are so lucky to have thick fat earlobes! The huggies and pearls fit you very well... ohhh I'm jealous with you. I had to search high and low to find huggies that fit my earlobes and I finally settled with a pair that fit...children ;)
I pair them with metallic drop fwps from Pearllunar.

DK these are perfect!! The diamonds, proportions, everything. And they look fabulous with your lavender drops. I'm very jealous!!

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

I'd better go and check out Pearllunar's offerings!

DK :D

I searched for a long time for the right pair of diamond huggies that are just long enough to hug my big fat earlobes without jutting out to make my already wide face look even wider, and found these when I visited LA's Diamond District during my Ruckus trip recently.

0.38cttw, 8 diamonds in each, and I made some pearl drops to wear with them. I can wear them with glasses when I am casual mode needing a hint of bling.

Pictured is a pair of 10mm lavender drops from Wen Pearls (I bought a few cheapo items from her as a try out, some misses, however, mostly good). Can't wear larger ones or they would not sit properly as they would touch my face.

Would love a pair of metallic tear drop CFWP (the ones I have are not good quality, however, they would do for now), and I have asked Hisano to look out for a pair for me (PP did not have a pair that suit when I visited them in August).

I now need some more non-pearl pendant to wear with the pearl drops, as I found I did not like wearing dangling pearls with a pearl pendant or a strand (personal preference I know). Studs are fine as long as they are in different colour and/or type.

View attachment 45873View attachment 45874
View attachment 45875

i like them very much, they are just the right size i think

I love that look. Yours look fantastic. Where them in the best of health!

I had my pearl drops made with eye pins that would fit the huggies my mother gave me, and I just love the look. However, I find that the drops also look good on bigger hoops. Total surprise to me.

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

I love your new huggies and the lavender drops are so pretty. They look great on your ears! :) could I ask if you had Wen put in the eye pins or did you have those done separately?

I love your new huggies and the lavender drops are so pretty. They look great on your ears! :) could I ask if you had Wen put in the eye pins or did you have those done separately?

The pearls were full-drilled and I made the loops using Argentium head pins purchased from Rio Grande (I did not want to waste the 14K WG head pins as my wire-wrapping skill was rather rusty).

Dkan - those huggies are sensational - well worth the wait. And Pareltje and BWeaves, those are all lovely. I adore huggies!

Love your new huggies, Dkan! (auto correct keeps trying to change em to buggies though…) I think your wire loops look great!

Thanks kelluvpearls, truluviolet and GemGeek for your compliments.
BWeaves your huggies and pearl dangles are fabulous!

Because they hug your earlobe. They are the smallest hoops you can get.

Also, I believe huggies go all the way around to the back of the earlobe so it looks like a continuous ring. Some hoops don't do that. Also, huggies are usually are hinged in the middle so the back and the front could be interchangeable.

Last edited:
Dkan love your new huggies. They look wonderful on you. Now you can collect many pearls to wear on them ;)

Back