Current Prices in Beijing? Buying multi-strand bracelets? Leather & pearl jewelry?

lmm1

Current Prices in Beijing? Buying multi-strand bracelets? Leather & pearl jewelry?

Hi There,

Thank you all for upkeeping such a great forum. It is truely a wealth of helpful information! Every time I learn

I haven't found current answers to a couple of my questions so I'm hoping that people with more wisdom can help me out.:)

1. What is the going price in the Hongqiao Market, or elsewhere, in Beijing?
Say for 20in freshwater, 7.5mm, AA (fairly round shape, somewhat consistent, blemishes/marks not terrible, and decent luster)? My friends back home are hoping to spend no more than 30-40 US. Is this possible?

2. I've been asked to have multi-strand bracelets made. What do I need to watch out for? And for about the same quality as described above (taking about 22inches of pearls), what price should I aim for?

Also, if after its strung, some of the strands seem a bit longer/shorter (effecting the way it lays), is it rude to insist that it be restrung? Or can I try to stretching/pulling at the strands later to even it?

3. Lastly, has anyone seen pearls strung on leather in Beijing? Its all the rage in Northern Florida and I've actually had some strung on immitation leather from Rupeipei's (upper floor, Hongqiao). They didn't turn out so well, as the fake leather didn't hold up. But I'm wondering if anyone's heard of anything like it being made here, and where.

I would very much appreciate any wisdom! Thank you!

Lucy
Tianjin

Where are you going? Where do you plan to buy? I think you need to go there and look at what's current. the prices you mention are doable, though you will get nice freshwaters, nothing special. If you have someone do the multi-strand bracelets for you, just find the person you want to do business with and make it part of the deal. The ones who do special orders, do it as part of the deal.

Thanks for your reply. I am going to the HongQiao Market (as I don't know of anywhere else reputable to be able to sell in bulk, allow patrons to create own styles...).

In the past, I did business with Rupeipei on HongQiao's top floor. But when I took a Chinese friend with me last time, he listened to Rupeipei and didn't feel like she was conducting her business honestly. So, I'm thinking to try Ling Ling, who is praised on this site, or another seller. Its good to hear that the prices sound do-able.

Back