Circles

What a tremendously pearly look! :cool:

How did you catch the six-times-over version in the back (or how did you put it on, alternatively) ?

Yes, it really is gorgeous. What's it like to have a neck? Is it wonderful? I wonder what that necklace would retail for? You have an amazing piece.

What a tremendously pearly look! :cool:

How did you catch the six-times-over version in the back (or how did you put it on, alternatively) ?

Because I wanted maximum flexibility, I used a simple bali-style gold clasp on this rope, thus avoiding the necessity of removing my head...:D The clasp is small in relation to the rope, but inconspicuous enough that it doesn't detract from the pearls if it happens to show in the front.

I'll try to get a photo of the rope just doubled, worn long...unlike the close-up I posted, which I took of myself, I'll need to enlist my husband's aid in that, as my arms aren't quite long enough.

Sheri

Sheri - they look amazing. I am totally captivated by the tahitians, and love the huge variations in colours and shapes you have put together in your rope. I'm thinking your dream may be my husband's nightmare....

That aside - I would also love to see a photo with the rope just doubled and also left long! I really enjoy wearing ropes longer - just helps me play with the pearls all day... also as I'm only 5'2 I just couldn't carry off the six strands - pity!

Thanks for posting the photos!

O.K., here's a photo of the strand worn doubled, with a spider pin accent. The spider happens to have a Tahitian pearl body, so coordinates well with this strand. Even though I'm six feet tall, if I wore the rope long, it would be well below my knees!

Also a photo of some coordinating earrings I made.

Sheri

Attachments

• 2007_tahiti 005.jpg
    2007_tahiti 005.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 2007_tahiti 004.jpg
    2007_tahiti 004.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 70
Hi Sheri,

lovely worn as a double row and I love your earrings. Great look! Still - where is your face? Beautiful hair too! Let us see all of you, please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sheri,

Thanks a million for the new photos. The rope is lovely doubled - it is a magnificent piece! Six feet tall??? I'm 5'1"! The earrings are also gorgeous - if I wore them, they would be resting on my shoulders! have you had the rope valued for insurance etc? It really is an amazing "statement" piece!

Sheri,
Oh my, I'm speechless. It's absolutely beautiful; oh, gosh, I want one......
And those earrings - wow!
Thanks so much for the photos. Fabulous, fabulous necklace.

Totally gorgeous, Sheri!! You definately have the "LOOK"! And get plenty of looks and compliments when you wear your pearls!

Tahitian green with envy,
Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Wow Sheri! That looks NUTS!!! My wife was just admiring it too and saying how great and refreshing the hodgepodge mixed sizes/shapes works. Glad to be a part of that.

Glad to hear from you Josh, and to know that you approve, since it was your pearls that made this dream rope of mine possible!

In fact, can't wait for the opportunity to paw through your pearls again. If only the exchange rate were a little better, sigh...though the who-needs-to-eat-I'll-just buy-pearls-instead was a pretty good diet plan, while it lasted!:D

Sheri

Back