Can this earring be fixed or does it need to be replaced?

Rhea Pearlman

20241022_131923.jpg
20241022_132006.jpg
20241022_132035.jpg

I don't know whether this counts as beading. Please direct me elsewhere if I'm posting in the wrong sub.

My mother stepped on her earring. The earring post bent and the pearl popped off. The cup of dried glue the pearl sat on also came off. Can this be glued back in and fixed, or does the post the earring gets affixed to need to be replaced?

The earrings are from Home Shopping or QVC and I'm certain weren't expensive. They may be gold or may be gold plated silver.
I'm in the US if that matters.
Thank you!

Should be fixable. Just use jewelry pliers to bend the peg and post back straight, use mild soap solution to clean the pearl and wipe it dry using soft fabric, use acetone or nail polish to remove the old glue residual on the setting, and finally apply 2-part epoxy to glue the pearl back on to the setting and wait 24 hours.

Should be fixable. Just use jewelry pliers to bend the peg and post back straight, use mild soap solution to clean the pearl and wipe it dry using soft fabric, use acetone or nail polish to remove the old glue residual on the setting, and finally apply 2-part epoxy to glue the pearl back on to the setting and wait 24 hours.
Thanks! I don't know anything about post setting pearls. I thought its coming off might mean the hardware had to be replaced entirely.

Back