Bombay Pearl Testing Report from the 1950s

pearls varying in size from 2.4 to 5.4 cm, rounded to round, 49.5 cm long string to a navette clasp. Picture soon.

Do you mean millimeters for the pearl sizes? 2.4 cm is hefty. :)

Photo of the natural pearl string now here
photo.php

Thanks Monil,
Perhaps you can correct any errors in the translation?
Glad to see the lab still in existence.
Kind regards

2012 experience not same as 1950

Hey eric nice info. I am a natural pearl dealer from Bombay and its good to see such an old certificate of the lab where i test most of my pearls.
Would love to see more such pics and info if you can share it here.

Moti Dharam Kata the Oldest Pearl testing laboratory is having the Antique (Old and not working) machinery in the world. So called pearl tester in Moti Dharam Kata Lab are just 10th Grade passed having no qualification/degree/ training in the Pearl Testing field. Obeying the Trusty people is their only qualification they have. They are very lucky that they are getting US$ 200 per month as official salary . They have the other facilities like they can buy pearls from the customers telling them that they are not Natural Pearl. They are also allowed to change the pearl if the customer is not convinced with selling. So it is called as a Slaughter House for the Pearl Owner.
In my opinion I request you to buy the Pearl certified from the reputed lab like GIA , SSEF, Bahrain Lab and Hirco. There is also the rumor in the market that one of the Trusty of Moti Dharam Kata is involved in cultivating pearls with the natural pearl as the nucleus, which is the biggest crime ever in the Pearl market.
So please avoid this cheating company Moti Dharam Kata Charitable Trust.

Back