Balngadeshi "Black" Pearls

aerinha said:
Oh, my god Valeria, I just fell in love with that star Montana Sapphire! Do you own it or was is just something you saw online and liked?

It has been sold by The Natural Sapphire Company... and not to me. It seemed remarkable because of the origin - starts from Montana are quite unusual, and this one was BIG. The cut is not quite so unusual... you may find buff top stones sometimes.

aerinha said:
... No prices were listed so they had to be sky-high.

Not sure if this is always, or even most often the case. Published prices for singular items ted to be the highest, as they are meant to advertise the value of the object as much as to inform interested buyers, most of the time. At least I tend to start with this assumption. But again, if prices weren't the most sensitive information... I don't know what else would be! Blah! Frustrating...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that star sapphire struck me too. It surprised me to read it was a Montana star because I didn't know Montana sapphires came in stars. Then you mentioned it was rare. Well, it certainly is beautiful. I'm more of a ruby kind of gal but star rubies normally don't effect me. Maybe I should look harder. Thank you for all the surfing you do to find such unusual pieces! I love admiring all the designs.

Oh, back to the andalusite ... I'm blue/black color blind, meaning, I can't tell the difference between dark blue and black clothing unless I think about it real hard and I flunk those silly color-blind tests at the optometrist's office. I'm sure I miss a lot of subtle, colored-gem combinations that I would love.

Last edited:
knotty panda said:
... star rubies normally don't effect me.

Bad?

p29147_1.jpg

Back