Art Nouveau Book with pearls

MistofCassiopeia

Hi all,

I just received a new book called "Imperishable Beauty", Art Nouveau Jewelry by Yvonne J. Markowitz and Elyse Zorn Karlin put out by the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.

There are many examples of pearls in Art Nouveau Jewelry. The book has gorgeous illustrations.

Thank you for the pictures M. effisk. There is also an interesting article in the last month's Antiques magazine - very informative - artisans really went on a limb and used materials that were not considered "precious" to create some of the most stunning designs I've seen in Art Nouveau.

Auction catalogues are also a good way to see what's out there ... although the descriptions are rather poor, the photographs are usually excellent.

btw, the comb is pretty - I can't find combs that are long or strong enough to keep my hair up!

Effisk,
What a pleasure to revisit those awesome photos of wonderful pearls, Thanks!
I might have to make a "poor man's" version of that lariat with drops--they are so in style now!

Yes, Effisk, thanks for the link to those photos, posted well before I ever discovered this delightful forum. I'm a huge fan (and small collector) of art nouveau, and those pieces are truly breathtaking.

I also just received the Imperishable Beauty book, when I realized I wouldn't be able to make it to the show in Boston. Drool, drool, drool.

Sheri

How could I miss this book?
Anyway, just ordered it on Amazon.co.UK.
Thanks everybody for inspiration... :)

Olga

Back