Any info on value of these items? Thanks!

AZ Oyster

Hello, 1st post. Have a 70 strand cultured pearl necklace with matching earrings in 14k gold. Believe it to have come from Albert David Pearls & Gems, Inc. out of N.Y. The earrings each have 1 small diamond in them. Any info on value is appreciated. necklacefull set

Very pretty! and welcome. Good starting point re information and close ups.

For an opinion, more information is needed and close ups of the pearls in better light. That way the luster and true color of the pearls will show up better.

There's a thread you can read to help you with the photos. The Forum is Other Stuff, the thread is called Taking pictures of pearl jewelry.

What size are the pearls? and what length is the necklace?

Lisa thanks for your reply

Lisa thanks for your reply

I will look up the info you suggested and post some better pics and dimensions asap.

Thank you for your reply Lisa. I will look up the additional information you suggested and post better pics and dimensions asap.

I think a big help would be a non-reflective cloth for the background. The cloth in the presentation box is throwing too much light back at your camera.
Also, the pearls on the left side of the case (meaning your left as you're looking at the case) are in focus, the rest aren't. You might have a 'favorite' focus to compensate for when you retake the pics. Good luck, looking forward to your next attempts.

The strand is measuring 18". Here are some pics this morning taken in natural light. I am somewhat disadvantaged on my picture quality in that I only have my cell phone camera to take and send pictures. Hard to get all the pearls in focus at once without having to pan back too far. Suggestions?2012-04-19 07.50.42.jpg2012-04-19 07.49.47.jpg2012-04-19 07.53.32.jpg

Edit: Sorry, I failed to read your post well enough. If you only have a camera phone then the best way to have all the pearls in focus is to photograph from above so that all the pearls are in the same plane.

Last edited:
Mid-day in shade is important, because you want to avoid harsh shadows. Pearls are light-reflection rich, so it's easy to blast them and lose fine degrees of color and such.

AZ Oyster, you're ahead of the game in that you know they're cultured pearls. It looks like a nice strand of small pearls (5.5 mm), in a popular length, with a standard design clasp. Unless they're from a desirable maker, necklaces like this are selling for less than $200 on eBay.

The clasp on the necklace should be marked with the gold content, say 14k or 18k, and a maker's mark or trademark. You can see the trademark for Albert David here. If you find the pearls are from Albert David, you might want to get in touch with them to see if someone there can give you more information.

From Manta.com:

Albert David Inc

25 W 36th Street # 9
New York, NY 10018-7682

About Albert David Inc

Information not found

Phone:
(212) 714-0266

Business Categories
Pearls in New York, NY
Whol Pearls Precious Stones & Mfg Precious Jewelry
Jewelry Stores

Albert David Inc in New York, NY is a private company categorized under Pearls. Our records show it was established in 1984 and incorporated in New York. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $2.5 to 5 million and employs a staff of approximately 10 to 19.

Products or Services: South Sea Pearls, Mikimoto Pearls, Blue Pearl, Pink Pearls and Natural Pearls.

Back